iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor accessory hydraulic valve.

Started by Nebraska, March 16, 2021, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

To the forum brain trust....

I've been welding up an after market adapter  to convert  this tractor to use the quick attach  implements I have. It would be nice to have the pallet forks and my grapple bucket in use at the same time on different  tractors..  I would prefer to have an accessory valve to control the grapple instead of reaching  down and using the valve for the rear outlets. It looks to me like this controller has a blank spot for one. Never mind  the after market joy stick lever. ;)....The original  is in 
Never Never Land along the highway some where. Vibrated loose and bounced off of the trailer hauling  the tractor years ago. I said bad words...  
  I guess my question  is, is that actually a blank spot for an  additional spool and I would just need the guts to plumb it? I looked at joystick loader controllers with the accessory  valve and it looked like it to me. Hydraulic valves are a pond I haven't swam in much but.....

Southside

What you are asking about is a power beyond fitting. Allows you to install another valve. The top piece is the relief valve, the side looks like it might be a removable port to add on another function. 

Do you have a make and model on the valve? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Got home over noon for a bit didn't see a brand name  on the visible parts of the valve body. The tractor was one sold by farmtrac  years ago.  It's a South Korean  manfactured model made by LG industrial. I will do some searching and see if I can find something.  I should have the owners information  filed away. I don't know who built the loader for them.

Nebraska

Put my reading glasses  on and saw this there is more writing on the casting on the backside, but will need to remove the valve body from the mount first to read the text, I could just see something there.

mike_belben

Pretty sure southside is correct.  The big one is a relief cartridge and the little flush cap is probably covering a hole for a power beyond plug.  

Power beyond is basically a dedicated exhaust line.  On a single valve block of any number of spools, you will have one pressure or pump line (P) aka inlet.. And one out line, either T for tank or EXH for exhaust.    That line runs through the filter and so the tank.. It shouldnt see more than maybe 4 or 500 psi max on the exhaust side but sub 100psi is more likely when all is right.

The relief in your first valve bank is a differential poppet which controls a door between the two side.. In and out.  A 2000psi relief will vent at 2100 if there is 100psi on your exhaust line because it is only measuring differentials across itself and not from zero absolute atmospheric pressure as its base. 

You could pumb that exhaust line to another valve's inlet port downstream and it would work fine. However when you are using addon valve #2 at the same time as the upstream valve the pressure in the exhaust line stacks up. If the 2nd load is calling for 2000psi.. Your front relief valve in valve 1 wont vent until youve hit 4000psi and hopefully it stalls before something explodes.

Everything will be fine if you never try to use both valves simultaneously or if you plumbed in a master relief right after the pump outlet.  

But the more elegant solution is to use a power beyond capable first valve which you hopefully have.  It will basically have two exhaust lines.  They can both go to tank or one is dedicated to tank and the other is dedicated to become the inlet supply line to the downstream valve.  The pressure at the downstream valve cannot be higher than the first valve.  Pressure has to cascade downward as you go meaning the 3000psi secondary function cannot be downstream after a 2600 psi primary bank.  
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

@mike_belben ,  @Southside , thanks Thursday I'm not scheduled at the office so I will try to take a look and figure out what lines do what from where and get a brand  of the valve body figured out.  It just seems like a project that I should be able to manage.

BigZ La

Generally all single lever joystick valves are two function. You could possibly stack a single port valve inline as a third function but I'm not sure which one to tell you to get. Surplus center has a joystick valve with 3rd function available.

wiam

I went with an electric solenoid valve on mine last summer for third function. Very happy with it. P

mike_belben

That is a good option for someone wanting to add a thumb that doesnt have power beyond.  Youd want a 6 port selector valve like surplus center #9-12390.  When using a thumb you tend to also be using curl so i would take the loader spool.   the A/B ports come out of that and go into the solenoid splitter.  I would mount the solenoid in a protected place on the boom, probably right where the boom cylinder tees the line so as not to spend too much on new lines.. Id just cut and recrimp the existing boom lines so your costs is just fittings.

Operationally, when you push the button that you mount on the loader stick... or i guess maybe a foot mounted ford high beam  switch if you prefer that... The solenoid switches from its A position to B position so that your loader stick becomes your thumb stick.  Let the button go and its back to loader.  This way you can still curl and thumb simultaneously.  
Praise The Lord

Odm1008

I'm in the same boat as you, putting quick attach plate on case/ih 385 I was looking at the surplus center 9-8217 loader valve it has extra lever for grapple or whatever

Odm1008

plus I was hopping by doing the whole lever I would be able to do away with this twin stick for my loader now, plus it would add float function

mike_belben

There is a backyard way to make 2 spools into a single + patterned joystick if youre handy. 
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

The back side pictures I took of the valve didn't have a brand name, but I did go look on surplus center's site. It looks like I could  just swap the valve out for around 500.00$ so  being frugal I'm just going to lump it a while and run it with the rear valve to get the project I need done first out of the way. (Clearing some small trees on my dad's CRP) The contract is up and it needs reseedng for the new contract.  When that project is done I will look at adding accessory  control. 

I did finish my quick attach adapter, but of course  didn't take the totally  done picture I thought I had....this is about half done. Glad I learned to weld  in FFA/Vocational Agriculture class many years ago.

Walnut Beast

Good job. Trees in CRP what. There not suppose to be growing in there 😂. That's a constant battle. I know all about that 

Nebraska

Well its been a few years since it was hayed off.  Probably nothing bigger than 2 to three inches diameter, its too close to town and neighbors to be appropriate to burn. So I need to take care of it, my father isn't able to anymore.

Thank You Sponsors!