iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer LT40 Question

Started by ladnerlogging, September 22, 2010, 06:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladnerlogging

Does anyone know when WM started making the LT40? I found one for sale claiming it was a 1979, but I know that it can't be that old, since they sold their first mill in 1983 (or there about, according to their website). They are asking 4k for it. Is that a good deal, assuming that it was in good working order, and assuming it were just a manual mill?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bibbyman

I don't think the first mills were LT40s.  I think they were all LT30s.  I suspect the year is wrong too.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chuck White

I you could get the V.I.N. from the seller, you could run it by wood-mizer and they could tell you what year the mill was made.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MartyParsons

The parts manuals goes to back 1982 . Parts are still available for these mills. We see a few every year in for service. The last cut on these units would be 3 ". One bed rail would be adjustable. The center bed rails would fold down. Pillow block bearings on the drive side and idle side. ( most of the mills we see have been changed) Blade tension would be a die spring. The adjustment bolts for the blade guide rollers have two 1/2" bolts for adjustment. ( Most times these are very rusty and break without heat) The blade guide arm would be manual with a T handle for adjustment. Water bottle hangs on the mast. Back supports would be square tube. Some of the early ones even had the feed chain loop that you could work from the front of the mill. These saw head feed units were changed due to safety concerns! There would be a serial # stamped on the early mills on top of the C frame.   Revisions for the LT mills 82 --86 would be A - N on the LT30 and A-Q on the LT40. LT30 is a 16' cut frame and the LT40 would be a 21'cut.

These mills still cut good lumber.

Hope this helps.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!