iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Less than an inch

Started by Upper, May 02, 2017, 12:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upper

I recently milled a old dry slab (free hand chain saw)of walnut.I cut them 7/16ths width and ended up with a 1 inch board.
  Question ,can I set said board atop another 1x with a backstop and cut one more board.Or will the clamp still be in the way. 
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

bags

I'm gonna have to follow this--- your cut'in walnut 7/16's wide with a chainsaw--- and---->

Upper

No,No it was brought to me this way.Rough 4 inches thick.I got it trued up and cut some 7/16 pieces.But now I have a true and flat 1 inch piece that I would like to get one more 7/16 inch piece or two out of so he can finish his project (Black Powder Ammo Box).
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Kbeitz

Guess you could glue it fast to another board and clamp that.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Nomad

Double sided tape works.  Just don't get too aggressive with the feed dial.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

goose63

I do that a lot on my 126 with no clamp just cut it slow work's just fine
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Upper

Great ideas, I think I will have the customer glue the four corners to a (Dog) b0ard.  Thanks
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Beavertooth

As long as your clamp is less than 7/16 up on your board you will not hit it. Should work fine.
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

bags

Put a base board down and your walnut on top of that. Clamp both boards to a log bunk with a c-clamp at the far end of the cut. When ya get within a foot or so of the end--- take the clamp and use it where ya started the cut or just hold the board with your hand to finish.

On my HM130--- I use a base board and clamp a piece of scrap against both boards, with the mill clamp about 1/2" below the cut line. That holds both boards and the blade will cut through the piece of scrap.

Thank You Sponsors!