iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yukon Men

Started by tyb525, October 05, 2012, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Or, "Alone with a log too big for the mill"  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stumpy

I like most reality shows that are about real people doing real work. Even the extreme ones like Axe men. What I always try to do is separate the narration from what's on the screen. When I can do that, I get a real picture of what people are doing and why. To me, the importance of these types of shows is that we are seeing people doing real work.  In today's world, so much emphasis is put on formal education, any job involving the trades or manual labor, is viewed as second rate.(google Mike Rowe talking to congress) OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Raider Bill

Quote from: Mooseherder on October 08, 2012, 09:32:20 PM
I wonder why they fog over the brand names of vehicles and snowmobiles?
I've never noticed any other show doing that.

You will see more and more of that in the future. I read where Apple was suing for trademark violations when shows used their laptops on camera and didn't blot out the apple logo.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Okrafarmer

Which is really dumb, because I would think they would be happy for the free publicity. Someone using your product in a movie or show is an endorsement of your product, as long as they don't disparage it.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

isawlogs

That would be free publicity, something the networks do not want , they will show there sponsores and blurr out any possible competetor to them. It might be a legal thing between them and there sponsores.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

It's been going on for years. I've seen some older 70's shows where the thing to do was wrap a piece of paper onto a beer can and make up a brand name. It was so low tech those days and you can see the paper wrinkle as they drink from the can.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Quote from: isawlogs on October 09, 2012, 02:46:13 PM
That would be free publicity, something the networks do not want , they will show there sponsores and blurr out any possible competetor to them. It might be a legal thing between them and there sponsores.

Glad Kubota or NH are not sponsors of the Forum, or I'd hafta blur out my avatar.  :o :o :o

If it happens Jeff, I'll do it for ya!
;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fuzzybear

Quote from: Warbird on October 08, 2012, 06:19:42 PM
They should rename the show to "Yukon Women".  And with that, I'll be running along before Jeff gets ahold of me. 

;D  smiley_horserider
They couldn't focus on the women because they would be doing it themselves and doing it correctly.  Yukon women rule..They are the toughest group of women I have every had the pleasure of meeting.
  I would watch if they were to do a show featuring the real women of the north.  They can definatly entertain the masses.  :D ;D
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

TeaW

The name of the show is a little misleading, it is shot in Tana, Alaska on the Yukon River.
TeaW

fuzzybear

Here along the Yukon River we are all neighbors. doesn't matter if it's this side or that side of the border. Life is pretty much the same. spend 5 months preparing for winter, 7 months trying to survive it without going nuts  :)
  I really want to know who casts these people. There are so many more interesting people that live traditional lifestyles here. They seem to only cast those that fit into the classification of either stupid or clueless.  This is a country that will chew you up and spit you out in a hurry. I have only seen a small part of the show and have no interest in watching any more.
  Discovery channel needs to get their heads out of their hind ends and start showing REAL northerners.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

thecfarm

I don't watch much TV,but the little I do makes me wonder too. If the Tv networks did get real people who knew what they was doing,who would watch it? And the way they edit things too,can add alot to it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Quote from: fuzzybear on October 10, 2012, 11:23:55 AM
  Discovery channel needs to get their heads out of their hind ends and start showing REAL northerners.
FB

Yup.  In my experience, that describes most 'reality' shows.

Okrafarmer

I have a friend who signed a contract to be on a reality show, and they filmed him and his family. When it came out, they made him look crazy which he is not in real life (very serious-minded war veteran), and they gave away personal information in public that they promised they would not make public. They went back on their word about several things. I won't say who it is, or what show, or network, to protect their privacy, but some of you could have seen the show.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

clww

I was approached one time, too.

NOT! :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

I will have to stay away from the reality shows.  They might make me look eccentric  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Eccentric people are nice and normal. It's those weirdos who don't do anything unusual who are nuts.

Thank You Sponsors!