iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Koolickles

Started by Tam-i-am, September 24, 2015, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I had my first koolickle this weekend at the Big E. 

Apparently koolickles are a southern thing.  They are dill pickles that have been soaking in cherry kool-aid for several days.

I have to say they taste alright.  But like grits, I could eat  them if they were available but wouldn't miss them if I never ate them again. 

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I must say this Redneck country Goat has never heard of this.
But I can imagine.  steve_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 24, 2015, 07:38:12 PM
I must say this Redneck country Goat has never heard of this.
But I can imagine.  steve_smiley
x2 :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Quote from: Tamiam on September 24, 2015, 07:34:46 PMApparently koolickles are a southern thing. 
They have not made it this far South yet.  Hopefully they won't.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Not familiar with those either.  Must not have penetrated the Deep South yet, at least here in Middle Georgia. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Go-fer-wood

Don't beleve Ive ever seen that before..
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on September 24, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: Tamiam on September 24, 2015, 07:34:46 PMApparently koolickles are a southern thing. 
They have not made it this far South yet.  Hopefully they won't.  ::)
we where thinking the same with the grits thing but they made it to Maine  :-X :-X :D :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 24, 2015, 08:30:48 PM
Not familiar with those either.  Must not have penetrated the Deep South yet, at least here in Middle Georgia.

We got Kool-Aid though.  :D :D :D

beenthere

Google it, and some indication it started in the MS Delta... about 1992 when Clinton managed to get into the White House...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

koolickles

I have traveled to and sawmilled a couple of times up there, but I did not partake of the local delicacies.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I heard you can take a Goat and soak him in Purple Kool-Aid for 3 days and its called Billieickles.

WV Sawmiller

Tammy,

Sorry but I'd grown up much further south I'd have been born speaking Spanish and I never heard of them and afraid I will have nightmares tonight just thinking about them. Sounds like a crime against nature (like when MM reversed the order of his bread on a sandwich).

I'm sorry you have never truly experienced proper grits or you would not be saying you could take or leave them. I was thrilled to find the little grocery outside Yellowstone park in Gardiner Montana has grits. There is culture to be found all over the world.

Beenthere,

If you are tying Koolickles to the Clinton White house, well that explains it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

r.man

The Canadian National Exposition, known locally as the Ex or the CNE prides itself on debuting odd foods. That one should qualify.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

LeeB

Not found in any of my parts of the south either. You sure you ain't just trying to pass this one off on us?  :D
Now I have been know to put dill pickles in sweet pickle juice along with a few jalapenos.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tam-i-am

I was just sharing what I learned.  I guess there not as popular down south as she suggested.

Magicman - Thanks for finding a link.   I watched the woman make hers and she used a lot less sugar than that link said and they were still very sweet.   She also suggested using the blue koolaid.

I've decided that I'm going to bring them to the next pig roast ;D

thecfarm

There are certain things,noticed I said things and not food,that Yankees should not eat.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Not at any bike swap meet, rally, pig roast or state fair I've ever been to from Florida to Tenn.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

gspren

They look similar to something I shovel out of the yard.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

The area referred to in my link above describes a relatively small delta region along Hwy 1.  It's a different world.

Jeff

I think I'll stick with the deep fried butter. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sixacresand

Quote from: Tamiam on September 25, 2015, 07:12:17 AM

I've decided that I'm going to bring them to the next pig roast ;D
You bring them and I will try one. (and maybe visit the Harrison ER)  :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Pouring off the brine and adding sugar is the way we make a delicious sweet pickle.  Skip the Kool-Aid.

Tam-i-am

Where is y'alls sense of adventure?

LeeB

Cut in half like in the link they actually look a little more appealing. No different really than doing as I have done and put them in the brine from sweet pickles. Maybe a different color koolaide would help. The eye tells us what we want to eat followed by the nose. I have certainly eaten some mighty strange things over the years in my travels.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Roxie

@gspren    :D :D

You said what I was thinking. 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!