iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norway Michigan

Started by mcourtney, October 13, 2015, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcourtney

Can anyone tell me a little about the area around Norway Michigan, job prospects for a tool&die maker and hunting.

Just Me

Don't know a heck of a lot about it but I went through it on the way to the racetrack in Crandon Wis. for years and always thought is was an awesome little town.

I would live in the UP but I have to make a living and have a good client list developed here just South of the bridge. I guess I am destined to always be a troll. :D

Sixacresand

Looks like a nice place. The next time we go to the Pig Roast, we will make an effort to visit. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ron Scott

A nice small town in the western UP on US-2 near the Michigan and Wisconsin border. Good hunting and fishing area. Opportunities for tool and die makers may be limited. The woods industry is a primary employer. Has been known to have had good football teams in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway,_Michigan
~Ron

Just Me

We always had a race on the week that they had the fair there. They go all out! there is a nice little dirt track on the grounds and all kinds of stuff going on, including some big name entertainers. Always wanted to stop but had to get up to Crandon and get set up.

Oh yea, its not very far from Crandon! Best racing there is.

Iron Mountian is not too much farther down the road and there is a wood processing plant that was the largest in the world in between. They would use machinists there I am sure. Lots of logging as Ron mentioned.

Larry

Thank You Sponsors!