iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

replacement of the motor

Started by harmonbee123, October 22, 2015, 11:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harmonbee123

Hi people!
I need a motor to work well even in humid conditions.
I heard that motors by Weg are brazilian, so they operate better with it. But their price is much cheaper that the baldor or leeson. I'm confused. ???

I should order it by the end of October, and need some time to ship it.

the desired characteristics: 
Single HP
1725 or 1800 RPM
Three Phase

thanks!!!

Den-Den

A stainless steel motor rated for "wash-down" duty would be the best although probably not necessary.  I used to get pretty good life from standard TEFC motors on an offshore oil & gas platform (very humid and salty).  Baldor is my favorite brand but others are ok also.
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Knocker of rocks

A one HP three phase motor?  They may not even build them. 

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Knocker of rocks on October 22, 2015, 02:33:57 PM
A one HP three phase motor?  They may not even build them.

A quick search of ebay finds several one hp 3 ph motors listed for sale.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Harmonbee123, where are you from? What mill do you have? How much humidity are you talking about and for how long during the year?
Thanks and welcome to the Forestry Forum.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Just spent 274 for a draft blower, very small one,, for the heater, a shame because in twenty five years we have not spent 1000 bucks on propane, but need it at times,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

harmonbee123

Quote from: kelLOGg on October 22, 2015, 08:30:47 PM
Surplus Center has them.

Oh, by the ways, it is a good idea to check there.  I'm from Hartsville, TN, 

I decided on the baldor motor. Searched the net and found many good reviews about these motors.
I think I need something like this https://www.mrosupply.com/motors/ac-motors/general-purpose-motors/26523_vm3546_baldor/

Larry

Good decision.  I have a Baldor motor on my dust collector outside.  In the rain, snow, fog, and it just keeps on working.

Baldor motors are made right down the road in Ft. Smith Arkansas.  I like keeping our economy in our country. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, harmonbee123.  Adding your location to your profile always helps with questions, etc.   :)

How about an introduction and sharing some of your project plans.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!