iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price Increases- Year To Year

Started by Bud Man, January 28, 2002, 02:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Man

I'm about to jump into this bandsaw milling arena and purchase a portable hydraulic saw with all the bells and whistles.  Been checking features, prices, specs. on production, everything that i've been reading that needs to be given concern --- Then Friday Jan 25, 02 I get email from a co. that makes (orange flavored) saws that there going to go up over $3800. I'm new in this business, but my question is --Is this a normal thing every year ?????
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tom

Usually there are minor increases every new year but larger ones every 3 to 5 years.  They usually go hand in hand with a major model change, new engines, heavier materials etc.

You may also notice that when one of the major mills goes up in price, others follow suite and it's difficult to figure out why they did it except that "they can"

It certainly makes used mills look very attractive, doesn't it?

Bud Man

Sure does !!    Maybe it's that 20 year anniversary paint job Bibbyman eluded to in his description of his new toy and maybe thats why he got it before  3 /16/ 02 ???
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

brianJ

Quote from: Bud Man on January 28, 2002, 02:28:32 PM
I'm about to jump into this bandsaw milling arena and purchase a portable hydraulic saw with all the bells and whistles.  Been checking features, prices, specs. on production, everything that i've been reading that needs to be given concern --- Then Friday Jan 25, 02 I get email from a co. that makes (orange flavored) saws that there going to go up over $3800. I'm new in this business, but my question is --Is this a normal thing every year ?????
Inflation is not a new problem.

bigblockyeti

This is true but it's gotten a little more dynamic since the 20+ years ago this thread was started.

Thank You Sponsors!