iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Shows

Started by Kevin, June 07, 2001, 10:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Are there any forestry shows with mill demos in Michigan?

Jeff

Kevin, How about Logging Congress
being Sept. 6,7 and 8th at the Little Bear East Arena in St. Ignace, MI.

I'm goin!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

I can swing that Jeff.
Is this an annual?
Is it advertised anywhere?

Jeff

The Show swings back and forth between Wisconsin and Michigan. There is usually info at www.timberpa.com but that web site is down right now. I called Timber producers association, and they said it was temporary, so look there when its back up.

I don't know how much milling equipment is represented, but this is one of those shows that has all the timber competitions, and all kinds of other goodies.  Itsa bigun

Kevin

OOOooooooo, sounds like fun!
Thanks for the info.

Kevin_C

The Lake States Logging Conference will be at the Little Bear East Arena in St. Ignace MI Sept. 6-8.  There are usually several portable mills demonstrating at this show.  For something sooner, the MI Ag Expo, held at MSU in East Lansing MI on July 10-12.  Last year Wood-Mizer, Timber King, and Hudson were there.  I know Wood-Mizer is going this year, but I don't know if other mills will be there or not.  

Kevin

The St. Ignace show is just about the right time for me, maybe I can catch the other one next year but it`s a little too close in time for me right now but thanks for posting it Kev.

Jeff

Have you guys any idea yet what days you will be at logging congress, and about what time of day?  I will be in St. Ignace all three days at one time or another.  I have the annual MFRA meeting on friday for a big part of the day. Thursday I think will be my day to see the show, with thursday afternoon spent learing the ropes at the MFRA display, so I can help out there on Saturday.

If anybody wants to get together let's figure out when.

Kevin

I`d like to roll in there about 9am on Saturday and spend most of the day cruising the grounds.

Ron Scott

I will be there Thursday through Saturday. Will look for you at MFRA Display.
~Ron

Kevin

Do you ever remember seeing any tree climbing gear at this event?

Ron Scott

Yes, there has been in the past. It all depends on Companies, Services, etc on display and advertising. It also depends upon just what you are looking for.
~Ron

Jeff

Either They are going to Have A LOT of different stuff, or a LOT of the same stuff. I was just told that the MFRA booth is number 551!  And it ain't last in line!

Jack_Pilon

For your information, the Logging Congress will be in Madison, Wisconsin next year.  The Logging Congress is always the Thursday, Friday and Saturday after Labor Day
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus

Thank You Sponsors!