iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Artifacts

Started by LeeB, August 09, 2008, 04:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake22

I gave up on posting pics a long time ago. I can rebuild chainsaw carbs, fix printing presses, trailer lights, sharpen a saw with a file, operate an excavator, knuckleboom loader, shoot a running deer, water ski, weld, pat my head & rub my stomach. I'm 44 years old and I still have 20/20 vision but posting pics is waaay over my head. Oh and before everyone tries to help (DANG) thanks but I ain't gonna listen. Want to help, come on over, I'll re-line your string trimmer while you re-size these DANG pics. ;D
Blake

LeeB

Well, no pics of the flint knapping gig. We didn't get to make it up there. Maybe next year. Seems the boy had other things he would rather do than hang out with dad for the day. >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Banjo picker

Quote from: Blake22 on October 08, 2008, 12:45:59 AM
I gave up on posting pics a long time ago.

Well Blake I guess I'll have to join you in this boat...I was going to change my profile pict...and upload a picture of a point my son found...it is really nice...but after 2 hours of trying...We gave up,,(wife & I)  But I would accept help, if it is in SIMPLE terms and step by step...She finally got the profile picture here then it said the avatar was too large....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Radar67

Here is a good tutorial on how to post pictures on the forum.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,23851.0.html
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

The difference in posted pictures and profile pictures is just the pixels.  On pictures for posts you are allowed better than 400 pixels for either height and width.

But, for profile pictures, the limit is about 110 pixels.  There just isn't enough room over there on the side of the page for a big picture.

thecfarm

It looks like a lot at first to down size pictures,but it's not.I learned right on here how to do it.Seems like I got stuck on something right in front of me.Someone will gladly help you out the way they did me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

Must confess something that works for me. ;D
I always e-mail the picture to myself first.  It asks me if I want to make it smaller.  I click yes. ;D
Open the picture in e-mail and click save as to save in my Pictures .
Then I open the xat program, select and insert the pic to be resized.  The picture is already at 640x 480.  Resizing from that point is a breeze.  Works for me. ;)

Here is a picture of a friends Arrowhead Collection. 

This is His wife's Pottery shard collection.  She was worked hard at getting all of these herself at different dig sites.

WDH

Wow, a kirk corner notched just southwest of the big celt in the center.  Also, an old old side notched point just to the east of the celt.  Better than 9000 years old I bet.  Beautiful frame.

I love pottery, and that is a fine pottery display.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

I wish I knew more about his pieces.  There are more somewhere.  She has more Pottery Pieces on this stand I made for her.  It was meant to be a plant stand with 6 mutant legs so it wouldn't tip from the weight but she found a better use for it. :D

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

That is an old one!  Kirk corner notched.  Circa 6000 - 7000 B.C. or about 8000 to 9000 year old.  A beautiful piece of antiquity.  That one is a centerpiece for sure.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

I tried to post that pic. many times....could not get it to go....Jeff sent me some info...and to be honest I still don't know i did it....just checked the posts and there it was...Thanks Jeff, Radiar,& others that I read info on.....#2 son was driving me around as I was spraying some thissel in the pasture...with a spray gun...he spots that point laying about half uncovered on a hill side,, I thought "its broke" but it wasn't....  I been looking for over 40 years and don't have anything that good...He's got and eye for em...might try another pic...since that one went....He found a drill where he is building his house...broke half into....both pieces laying there...He run over it with the dozer...but wouldn't have found it otherwise...Tim

Don K

Yep, heavy equipment does a number on them but most of the time that is the only way they get back to the surface.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Wildflower

Banjo picker  I posted your picture for you. ;D
Jeff and I found some arrow heads when we went and visited Bro. Noble a few years back.  I will have to find them so I can post a picture of them. They sure are fun to look for. ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

WildDog

Those arrow heads are something else, 9000yrs old thats incredible. I am glad we don't get any down-under I wouldn't get any work done, its bad enough having saphires in our creek, forever walking around looking at the ground.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Banjo picker

Thanks wildflower I was still scratching my head trying to figure out how i had done it.. :D :D  Tim

Thank You Sponsors!