iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone seen a full building system like this??

Started by tsodak, February 23, 2008, 08:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsodak

I stumbled across this page while looking for something else. Have any of you every seen a functioning system like this. Interesting concept that might not add an awful lot of expense at the front end if you could find a good source of clear panels.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mwps_dis/mwps_web/plans/81901.pdf

Tom

beenthere

Looks like there might be some possibilities here to dry, or at least reduce the moisture content of, sawdust for fuel for the Bio-Mizer (as well as some solar shop heat).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tsodak

Good point.

I have a green steel roof on my home, and that is what will be on the new shop[ as well. I wonder if you could simply take and seal the individual spaces between the trusses from one side all the way over the top and back down to the opposing soffit and mount a collection system there.  Maybe move some heat into a storage medium, some into another building close by, (house)  maybe even some into a kiln in the summer when you dont need the heat in the shop. Can you imagine the heat you would pull off the roof of a 40 by 40 building on a July day???  You would likely have to spill air in to keep the temperature down..

I wonder what the dangers are in something like this.

Tom

pasbuild

looks like the Envelope homes we were building up here in the 70s they utilized passive solor along with a standard heating system, never did find out how well they worked.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Ron Wenrich

My uncle lived in a house that was built in 1838.  It was made of brownstone, and it had those real thick walls.  He always said it was a house built inside a house, and that it had a wall of dead air in between for insulation purposes.

Seems like just a little more advanced technology, but the same basic concept, except you move the air.

Just like the envelope houses. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Dale Hatfield

http://enertia.com/Science/HowItWorks/tabid/68/Default.aspx
I watched this building system on the Science channel. Sounds like it works pretty well . Looked like it could be made into any buiding .
Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

jpgreen

I need to build an envelope house around this house...  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

jpgreen

Thanks for that Link Dale.  There 3236 Arcadia is exactly the kind of design I've been looking for. It's perfect with the upper level not being a 2nd story stair climb, and the lower level open with all kinds of possibilities.

It is perfect for us. I emailed them to see if they will sell the plans.  It looks like they just sell kits.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!