iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Woodshed ??

Started by deerguy, September 26, 2016, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

Folks, I just saw a post from Jeff that was moved to " The Woodshed " but when I try to open the link it tells me it's either gone or I don't have access. Are there parts of the Forum with restricted access ?
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Jeff

Don't know if it is good or bad that you don't know what the woodshed is after being a member for almost 5 years... :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

coxy

you don't want to go/be there  :) :)

WDH

The Woodshed is the post prison where posts that violate the standards of the Forum are jailed.  There is solitary confinement in a pit beneath the floor of the Woodshed for the worst violating posts, and there is no food or water.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

barbender

AKA "the Hole" I've never went in, only seen folks that come back from it. They ain't quite right for a while :D
Too many irons in the fire

deerguy

Thanks for the clarification.....I knew that such a dark and lonely place existed, guess I either missed or forgot it was called " The Woodshed ".
Thanks for the clarification, and I'll do my best to stay out of the shed !!!!
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Raider Bill

Actually going behind the woodshed isn't bad at all. Inside and under not good. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

BurkettvilleBob

I am curious though, as a Maine resident, what was the lie? Couldn't we just get a teaser Jeff? I promise not to comment.

Hilltop366

I'v often thought that a brief description or reason for sending a thread to the woodshed would be educational for people to learn or be reminded what not to do, maybe reduce the need for sending more threads there.

Raider Bill

If you wouldn't want your child to see the post it's headed to the woodshed. Other reasons would be disrespect to anyone, vulgarity, extreme politics, hate, grits, northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company, or grits.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

Wait a minute.  That is a shot below the belt.  Grits are OK.  Grits bashers could be sent to the Woodshed (if I owned the Forum, which I don't).  You grits bashers are getting a reprieve, but don't let it go to your head  :D). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I think it needs to be said, that the admins will never be put into a position where they need to justify or explain why they do something. I'm very proud of the choices I have made with the people who help me take care of the Forestry Forum. If I ever pat myself on the back, it would be for that one thing. I'm not sure how I managed to get the people I did, but I treasure them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Grits are not OK. I have nothing against grits,I just don't like someone trying to convince me how good they taste.
Just like the wife of my wife's ex husband at the Thanksgiving table trying to convince me how good veggies are. After about the 5th-6th serving went by us and her bumping her gums about how good they are,she decided to take action. She had a spoon full of carrots over my plate and was ready to put them on my plate. I told her I will break both your arms if you do that. Than I told her if it don't walk and go to the bathroom,I don't eat it. That calmed her down as the table went silent.  :D  We got and get along fine now.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: thecfarm on September 28, 2016, 05:10:46 PM
Grits are not OK. I have nothing against grits,I just don't like someone trying to convince me how good they taste.
Just like the wife of my wife's ex husband at the Thanksgiving table trying to convince how good veggies are. After about the 5th-6th seving went by us and her bumping her gums about how good they are,she decided to take acton. She had a spoon full of carrots over my plate and was ready to put them on my plate. I told here I will break both your arms if you do that. Than I told her if it don't walk and go to the bathroom,I don't eat it. That clamed her down as the table went silence.  :D  We got and get along fine now.  ;D
:D :D :D :D reminds me of my sister inlaw we talk now but her hubby and I don't even make eye contact  8) 8) 8)

sawguy21

Ray, that is downright funny. Never fails, a thread goes on long enough it always gravitates to food. :)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

danbuendgen

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 28, 2016, 03:36:43 PM
If you wouldn't want your child to see the post it's headed to the woodshed. Other reasons would be disrespect to anyone, vulgarity, extreme politics, hate, Ray's premium new england grits, northern tool Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company, or Ray's premium new england grits.

I get a kick out of the fact that you mentioned grits 2x.

Jeff, I don't meant to tell the admin what too do, this is just a suggestion, but why not refer the place for nasty threads as "The Outhouse" instead of "The Woodshed". For me (and others) a woodshed is a great place. I mean, nothing beats a full woodshed in the fall. If I was a kid getting a timeout, I would much rather spend that timeout in a woodshed rather then the outhouse!
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

thecfarm

I have no idea where,Ray's premium new england grits came from.   :) I have guards at the Kittery border to stop the onslaught and invasion of non food items. It is on the quarantine list of dangerous items that cannot cross the border of Maine.
danbuendgen,you're kinda on the young side,but many years ago The Woodshed was a place that bad boys was sent too with a paddle or switch to be apply on thier back side when they was bad. So The Woodshed is a bad place to be sent to.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ox

I'm a north Appalachia hillbilly.  I love grits.  Butter, salt and egg yolk then smeared on some buttered toast.  Mmmmmmm!
My old man used to take me out to the barn for my whuppings.  The woodshed usually had firewood in it.  If he could have, he would have used the woodshed.  It was closer to the house, after all.
Carry on.  :laugh:
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

dnalley

When my Dad had to get hold of me, it was usually instant, like right then and there!  If he'd had to take me to the woodshed or the barn he might have had time to think about what he was going to do....BUT he was never bothered by the trends of today's "modern families".  If he'd had to march me out to the woodshed  (thinking about he was going to do), he might not have made it quite as memorable as it was.  But, on the other hand, it might have even been worse!!  Thankfully looking back, he was always right.... most of the time.  A man's man in my book.

GAB

Ray:
Just in case you missed it WDH said "You grits bashers are getting a reprieve".
He did not say anything about a pardon.
Oh thanks for telling me the Maine entry point to avoid.
See you in April.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Gary_C

Quote from: WDH on September 28, 2016, 04:14:19 PM
Wait a minute.  That is a shot below the belt.  Grits are OK. 

Grits are just OK, nothing more?

I've yet to hear of anyone that eats just grits other than chickens. Everyone that professes to like them admits to hiding them behind, underneath, or smothered with something else. Grits are good for grinding up your food in your craw or patching holes in your driveway, nothing more.  ;D

As for the Woodshed, every time some thread is sent there and a link is left behind, I feel the urge to follow that link and see if the door was accidentally left open but alas, nothing yet.  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thecfarm

GAB,Kinda like you don't question or stop your own troops at the gate or ask for an ID. Yankees are not stopped or questioned at the Kittery border either. Know what I mean?  ;)

BurkettvilleBob

I'm afraid this thread has become too thick with veteran member jargon for me to understand.........as you were.

danbuendgen

Quote from: thecfarm on September 29, 2016, 09:00:29 AM
danbuendgen,you're kinda on the young side,but many years ago The Woodshed was a place that bad boys was sent too with a paddle or switch to be apply on thier back side when they was bad. So The Woodshed is a bad place to be sent to.

Oh, I know. I'm mostly just kidding around! But in my younger years I never got send anywhere, I got my beatings on the spot!
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Thank You Sponsors!