iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ARs

Started by Woodhauler, January 03, 2016, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Do any of you guys have one? I have a dpms 308 bull barrel long range shooter I bought a few years ago off my neighbor. Only fired it 20-30 times. He only fired it about the same. Its a nice shooting gun. I have no use for it other then coyote hunting. I got it for half price because he was hard up and I was in the right place.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WV Sawmiller

I don't have one but my son has several and has built and traded several more. My 9 y/o granddaughter used one of them to kill her first deer this year here on my place. The collapsible stock makes it nice for her to adjust to her shorter length requirements.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

starmac

I have never caught the ar bug. That said I have one here and have shot it. It is a friends that stored his guns here when he went out of state for a few months a few years ago, and he apparently isn't in love with it either, as it is still here, while he has taken many others home. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Gearbox

I took one from the gun store to prove it . It was sold if it would shoot MOA . long story short it didn't and wouldn't . Mabey with hand loads and some work .  Best it would do was 1 3/4  5 shot group .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Woodhauler

I can't shoot, but at 300 yds it will shoot groups in the size of a bottom of a soda can. this is with cheap factory loads.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

dgdrls

Not an AR  but there is an Izhmash Saiga 7.62x39 in the cabinet.
Its a fun gun, tough as an anvil and accurate enough with open sites
to get the job done in one, no more than two shots if needed.

Dan

Peter Drouin

Put a bump stock on it, and have some fun :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Corley5

I've got a .450 Bushmaster AR15, 6.5 Grendel Alexander Arms AR15 and an AP4 DPMS in .308 that are set up with illuminated reticle scopes for deer hunting.  I've killed deer with all of them and love them.  I have to say that I prefer AR platforms now over any others.  I've got a selection of .223s too  ;) ;D but have never done much with them.  They're NIB except for one  :)  I've been going to set one up with a Vortex scope for whatever the occasion maybe.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Claybraker

Last summer I finally added one to my collection- a Daniel Defense M4. With Hornady Z-Max 50 gr or Midway's Dogtown bullets it's fun, and cheap to shoot. Pretty darn accurate too. Hopefully component availability will continue to improve.

scsmith42

I have two in .223 and a .22LR AR project in the works.  They are a great carbine and work well for plinking and small game.  They are especially good for new women shooters due to the low recoil.

Re accuracy, below is a 100 yard 3 shot group (factory ammo) from one of mine.  I'll let the photo speak for itself!

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

dnalley

Everybody with one eye and half sense about rifles knows that a semi-auto won't hold up to the accuracy of a good bolt gun!!  WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!  My brother and I had some prairie  dog rifles that were accurate over into the next zip code and he.showed up one day with a Colt accurized AR 15 and I quickly found out how wrong my thinking was.  Probably the most accurate gun I'very ever shot.  Long story short, I bought A DPMS A 15 Panther Bull in 223 and if I could afford an Arnold Jewel trigger to put in this thing I believe it would be unreal for accuracy.  This thing is a real piece of work and the most accurate rifle I own...right up there with his Colt.  It's not your "run of the mill" AR battle rifle.  Would'nt have believed it if I had'nt done it myself.  Several companies build these "nail drivers".  24 inch bull  barrel is not for toting  around but off of  sand bags I'ts mighty rough on varmints and an absolute joy to shoot.

Gearbox

scsmith where did the other two shots go .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

dnalley

That ever elusive dime....you missed it all three shots ;D. Good group :D

scsmith42

Quote from: dnalley on January 08, 2016, 07:39:00 AM
That ever elusive dime....you missed it all three shots ;D. Good group :D

Quote from: Gearbox on January 07, 2016, 08:34:11 PM

LOL!  :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

sandhills

Right through the holes already made  :D

Texas Ranger

DPMS .308, one inch stainless steel barrel, necked down at gas port.  16x scope, as it sets 10 pounds.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Woodhauler

Quote from: Woodhauler on January 03, 2016, 04:33:08 PM
Do any of you guys have one? I have a dpms 308 bull barrel long range shooter I bought a few years ago off my neighbor. Only fired it 20-30 times. He only fired it about the same. Its a nice shooting gun. I have no use for it other then coyote hunting. I got it for half price because he was hard up and I was in the right place.
Mine is a DPMS LR-308 with a millet4-16x50 scope! Also have a new DPMS a 15 in 223 .

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Gearbox on January 07, 2016, 08:34:11 PM

I had the same thought....  ;)

That is a nice group though.

Delawhere Jack

Colt HBAR Match Sporter here, unfortunately it's an A3 with the fixed carry handle. Dad has a Colt Match Competition A4 that he bought when he was about 75. He was like a kid on Christmas morning being able to shoot a HP match rifle with his bad shoulder.

Got an Armalite AR10 also. It shoots ok, but I just measured the chamber, and the throat is way too long. Thank the lawyers I guess. It may get put on the block for funds to custom build one in 308.

The thing that makes me shake my head are all these Saturday Night soldier types that know nothing about shooting, but have an AR with every bell and whistle attachment they can mount on it. And they're at the public range shooting at targets 7 yards away..... ::)

Keith Shirley

It's best to keep those "Evil Black Guns" either chained or locked in a safe, they have been know to go on killing sprees all by themselves. I have 2 of them and keep a very close eye on them.
Norwood HD36, Stihl 025, 291, 362. New Holland TN75 4WD with loader, Agco ST35 4WD, Poloras Ranger 700, 2 Honda 450 Foremen 4WD

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

goose63

I don't care for the AR style but I do like this

the down side is as it sits 15 pounds with pep site at 200 yards I can make pop cans dance
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Seavee

Used one everyday for work.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Weekend_Sawyer

I have the DPMS Gen II in 308 with the stainless bull barrel. I really like it. It is my first "black" gun.
I put a Redfield Battlezone 6-18 x 44mm on it. This is a cheap scope but I like it a lot. Good field of view and very nice zoom. I make no claims as to how accurate it is because I am not a precision shooter. Some day I hope to be tho.  :)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!