iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sharpening 3/4" chain

Started by OH logger, November 26, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

I have an Oregon model 620-120 bench chainsaw grinder. the chain seems real tight in the groove on the grinder and I have it set as wide as I can. I think I can make that work but the book don't show any of the angles or anything on sharpening 3/4" chain. I put the big chain stop/catch on but I need to know all angles and how far to offset it.  thanks
john

hanstedtwr

Depends on if you are using the BC Chain or the H chain. Most guys are ruing the B/C Chain that with be a 60 on the tilt 35 degree on the vice and o on the bottom to ajust. The last page of the book should show you all the angles for all the chain you can think of. 
This is the infor for BC chain.
from oregons website
https://www.oregonproducts.com/medias/11BC-A107209-AB-low-res.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfGRvY3VtZW50c3w5NzYyNTF8YXBwbGljYXRpb24vcGRmfGRvY3VtZW50cy9oMDkvaDU1Lzg4MDQzNjU4NjA4OTQucGRmfDVmN2ZjZDg2NGJmZWVkMzExOWZhNDY1YjhhOTliODdlZTVmN2Q1NGZmNDg1Mjk2ODRjNTkyNTllNGYzZjIzNzI
550 Cat Harvester with fabtek 180 dangle head, 2006 John Deere 1010D, Conehead 585 Chipper, Cancar C 4 cable skidder, Dyna sc 14 firewood processor and many other toys

Gary_C

There is a different vise for that sharpener for use with 3/4 pitch chain. I'm not even sure you can make it work with the standard vise.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

OH logger

john

Thank You Sponsors!