iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440c hydraulic pump

Started by furltech, November 29, 2016, 10:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

OK fixed up the winch control and somebody on here  suggested it might be the pump and .presto chango problems .After the machine gets warm the blade slows way down even under high rpm ,the steering seems jerky and the hydraulic pump in the front of the machine gets pretty warm .does any one have any other ideas or am i going to have to bite the bullet and pull the pump .Is there a charge pump in the tranny it is a standard tranny 6 speed.The hydraulic schematics are unclear to me some show the pump in tranny some dont .Maybe a restriction in a line or a valve somewhere but i could never get that lucky.Thanks again guys for letting me pick your brains .

tacks Y

Yes there is a charge pump in tranny. There is a screen on the suction to the charge pump, but I do not think one can access it. I just put a new one on, first part in the tranny. 

furltech

So if i understand you correct there isnt much i can check at the tranny level so i might as well rule everything else out first if i cant find a prob then removal of tranny. To get at charge pump.

thumper

check the pump hi pressure and feed pressure. two big plugs on the left side of the pump up front.
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

tacks Y

Yes check pressures where you can. The charge pump can be accessed from the rear of tranny in the machine.

furltech

So once i remove the pan or cover on back of tranny i can get at whole charge pump and this screen for the pickup.Thanks for your time by the way .Main pump is out for bench testing

tacks Y

You can unbolt pump and remove. No you can not get to the screen from there. It is on the larger line to pump and goes into main trans area. A great idea from JD, there is also a roll pin holding it in place. One of the first parts put in a trans case when putting together.

Neilo

Quote from: tacks Y on December 02, 2016, 08:09:28 PM
You can unbolt pump and remove. No you can not get to the screen from there. It is on the larger line to pump and goes into main trans area. A great idea from JD, there is also a roll pin holding it in place. One of the first parts put in a trans case when putting together.

After you take the pump off, can you blow back down the larger line with air to check the screen is clear? Or to clear it?

Thank You Sponsors!