iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Willie's (wwsjr) Sawmill

Started by Magicman, February 14, 2016, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Is now Paul Case's Sawmill.    :)

What a joy it has been this weekend readying this LT40 SuperHydraulic Sawmill for travel.

First, most of the stationary outriggers were disconnected and removed.

And then the wheel/axle assembly was rolled under and bolted on.  I was busy disconnecting the power/breaker/disconnect.

It went very smoothly.

Anita, Dakota, and Paul Case with their "new" sawmill.

Sorry Paul.  You can't drive it home with that control box.  Notice the Lap Siding and Resaw attachments nestled on the sawmill bed.

Pat and I had a wonderful visit and meal with Paul, his Wife Anita, and Son Dakota hosted by Willie's widow Marciadeen.  We will all accompany Marciadeen to church this morning before returning home this afternoon.

We wish you safe travel  move_it and happy sawing Paul.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Wow! Congrats Paul. I guess you resolved your mill upgrade dilemma in style. :D I think you will replace both of your LT40's output with that mill, especially if you can set up a drag back table. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

Wow that's keeping it in the family!  Fantastic!  8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, Paul.

I'm sure it'll do you well.

Lynn; Thanks for all your help in this venture, from it's sad beginning to it's happy ending!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandsawmill14

congrats on the mill paul :)
mm    smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

drobertson

Very nicely handled,, had to be a bitter sweet time for Marciadeen, like part willie just left,,but going to another good home,, what a nice machine and set up,,, it's  sorta like a dream machine.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

elk42

That is just GREAT. Good luck Paul and thanks MM.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

landscraper

Best of luck with the new rig, I bet you are chomping at the bit to get going with it.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Bill Gaiche

Congrats on the new mill to you Paul. Thank you Lynn for the help you provided to Marciadeen in seeing that the mill had a good start to its new home. She surely can rest assured it is still in the Forestry Forum family. Willie is still alive in that mill and will be forever. Paul I will get by sometime and see your Willie mill soon. bg

Bruno of NH

Thanks MM you are a great man !
It worked out nice for every one !
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

downsouth

That is awsome!
Congrats Paul on the new mill.
MM , if we had more people like him around the world would be a better place.
My prayers go out to Marciadeen

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

logs2lumber

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup     that is a sweet sawing mill i wish i had 3 phase power at my house. but i also love being portable. Congrats on the mill

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Seavee

Good luck with the mill Paul. Nice!
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Sixacresand

Paul Case, Good luck with the mill.  I met wwsjr once.  Hope I get to meet you someday. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Paul and family had a long travel and left for home shortly after church services.  Pat and I accompanied Marciadeen to a Valentine Luncheon and did not leave until ~3:30.  Paul texted me that he was home safely shortly after we had gotten home ~10:00. 

Sometimes events happen and you just know in your heart that everything is right.  This was one of those times.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red

The Magicmans Magic. .  job well.done
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on February 15, 2016, 08:15:41 AMPaul texted me that he was home safely shortly after we had gotten home ~10:00. 
Thankfully we all decided to return home yesterday/last night because our travel route is under severe thunderstorm, hail, and possible tornado activity today.   :)

slider

Good job Lynn and good luck Paul.I had the pleasure of running that mill at Willie's and she is sweet.You are going to to enjoy running this mill.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!