iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic Bucks 2018

Started by Magicman, July 21, 2018, 08:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

No Bucks but more Ducks.

He and his buddies are doing quite well.  The good thing is they don't eat Duck but the Grandson does.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Granddaughter got a big old 8 point buck last night.

Ouch !!!  She is OK, but the deer and her car didn't fair too well.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

For Christmas be sure and stop at your nearest truck stop and get her a stick on deer decal like the truckers use to put on their trucks like airplane pilots used to paint plane or tanks or other "kills" on their planes.  :D :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Get her a green star - combat aviators will know the significance that WV is talking about.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dakota

It looked like he scrambled to his feet and ran off?  Nice recovery.
Dave Rinker

Magicman

This one didn't scramble and run off. 

Grandson got this 8 point this morning. 

Bandmill Bandit

Very nice Buck BUT in this country we'd call that a 4 point Buck.

I've only ever seen one 7 point and heard of one 8 point in this country. The 7 Pointer was an old buck that was in still nice shape but you could tell he was starting to fade as he had a definite limp on his rather stiff right front leg. I couldn't even bring my rifle to my shoulder to take aim he was so magnificent. I just let him walk away.

Shot a 6 point that year about a week later. That was november 1978.    
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Magicman

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on December 25, 2018, 12:50:38 PMBUT in this country we'd call that a 4 point Buck.
BUT he ain't in your country.  ;D   Yes, I am very familiar with the "Western count" which counts the single antler with the most points and is mostly done with Elk, Mule and Blacktail Deer.  In some areas in Western states the count is now stated as a 4X4, 5X4, 6X6, etc. which gives credit for all of the points that a buck/bull is carrying.

Bandmill Bandit

Yea MM I like that 4X4 etc a lot better at least wed all be speaking the same jargon when it comes to the bucks points.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

mike_belben

If he pronged ya in the chest it'd leave 6 holes! 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!