iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wildlife photos (coyote)

Started by Hilltop366, July 18, 2009, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

I,ll take photos of any wildlife that wanders through the yard, the other day it was a coyote at 12:00 noon, I thought it was a odd time of day to see one out in the open?

fishpharmer

If the law allows (or not) shoot them things with something other than a camera.  I promise you will see more of the deer, turkeys, rabbits and squirrels. 

Otherwise great photos.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

LeeB

I have to say, a camera wouldn't be my first choice in shooting instruments.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Nice looking 'yote, maybe he'll clean up on the ground hogs around the garden. Got a few of them 'yotes up here guys if ya need some. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wi woodcutter

Quote from: fishpharmer on July 18, 2009, 08:36:18 PM
If the law allows (or not) shoot them things with something other than a camera.  I promise you will see more of the deer, turkeys, rabbits and squirrels. 

Otherwise great photos.

Yet again I am going to agree with the 'pharmer. Shoot as many of those 'yotes as you can! ;D I have been using my .338 mag for shooting them, a little big but it sure gets the job done.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Hilltop366

Ok.....  so the camera wasn't my first choice either but I was having lunch with my 4 year old daughter at the time, so I figure buy the time I find my .410 and put it together find some shells (the last time I went hunting was around 10-12 years ago and it was for woodcock so it would be light shot) go out side with out scaring him away sneak up close enough(he was about 120' away) across my open lawn to make sure to kill an not just p**s him off I might as well just take the picture.

But don't worry my daughter banged on the window and scared him away so I'm sure he won't be back!!

fishpharmer-- no turkeys around hear but we do have pheasants , there is a hen with 8 to 10 small ones about 40' in front of the coyote I think that is what's got his interest.

SwampDonkey -- according to the DNR web sight the coyotes in Nova Scotia came from New Brunswick which really makes sense although it doesn't say if they came around by land or took the St John - Digby ferry?  If you could, it would be nice if you fellers took them back.

Woodcutter-- A good friend passed away in a car crash a few years ago, his widow offered me his guns which includes a Browning BLR .308 I think I may have found a use for it !

We also have one of those pesky yellow bears around here but it is usually real friendly.

LeeB

You might ought to keep the bear. They disapere all too fast as it is.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishpharmer

Quote from: LeeB on July 21, 2009, 12:06:43 AM
You might ought to keep the bear. They disapere all too fast as it is.

Amen

Hilltop we'll let you slide this time ;) ;D  Keep that .308 ready.  The coyote hasn't forgotten the baby pheasants, it decided to come back when they're bigger and more filling.  Only he will bring a couple of friends to help. ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Those pheasants might already be plucked for thanksgiving dinner by then. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hilltop366

Here is a link to the Pheasant fighting movie & A Pheasant and 8 Deer in my back yard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VmC8WUI624

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brj5lyTKbIQ

Thank You Sponsors!