iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland mills, TimberKing or Woodmizer

Started by Crookedkut, May 12, 2019, 10:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_Johnson

I hope I'm not violating the letter or spirit of the forum by quickly jumping in. If I am I'm sure someone will let me know. :D

But I simply want to say that if a TimberKing mill is of interest, please allow us to quote a 1220 with a transport package. That way you will have everything in black and white of what's included and all of the costs.

Typically we find that once everything's down on paper and accounted for our mills are very price-competitive.

doc henderson

I have had my timber king b 2000 for about 6 years.  Matt is my contact at TK and they go out of there way to help out.  i am 4 hours from the office and that played a role as i was able to visit.  lots of video and depends a bit on what you plan to do, and volume, hobby vs business ect.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SawyerTed

+1 on what Southside said on spending time with a couple of sawyers.  Even if you have to travel, spend a night in a hotel etc. it is money well spent. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Crookedkut

I might just travel some place where there is a sawmill and see them in action.   Thanks for the advice. 

Crookedkut

One more question.  In your opinions, if pricing equal or close to equal.   Would you get a sawmill with a slightly larger cutting area with a slightly smaller Horsepower engine or get a sawmill with a slightly larger Horsepower engine and a slightly smaller cutting area? 

doc henderson

most of the companies develop a relationship with the owners, and can tell you if there is someone near you who would be a good contact to see how the mill runs.  One problem you are running into is that people tend to love the mill they are using.  Most are good.  the answer to you last question depends on you. to be smart, I would say you want both, bigger is better.  hp lets you go faster and wider lets you cut bigger.  when you cutting wider you also need more hp.  some times starting out, it might be good to look for used and TK does take trades and refurbs a bit.  My mill has gone up 12 k since I bought it and so I will prob get out of it used as much or more than I paid.  depends on you finances and if this is going to be a money maker or a hobby.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ianab

What size log do you plan on cutting?  Some areas seldom have logs over ~24", so a smaller sized mill is going to do the job, and the larger engine will cut them faster.  But if you have larger logs  then the smaller sized mill will be frustrating, no matter how much power it has. At least the larger capacity mill, even with less power, will get the job done. 

So the answer is "it depends", on exactly what YOU need to do. 

The ideal solution is the larger capacity AND bigger engine. But then you need to adjust the budget.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

ladylake

More capacity, you can put a bigger engine on later if needed.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

doc henderson

hey crooked, did you already answer questions about you goals and plans for the mill.  what kinda trees in south texas?  what town are you near.  If you call timberking and ask for Matt, he can tell you about mills nearby.  Or PM the owner Will who chimed in a post or 2 back.  If you are passing by Wichita you can stop by, or in KC you can tour the office and see a mill in person.  A deposit can lock in the price and they throw in some blades ect. as part of the deal.  If you care to fill out your profile we can direct our questions/answers more to your situation.  and why is everyone else up so late?  I am working!!!  @ladylake    @Ianab   @Crookedkut 

Ianab

I'm in New Zealand. It's only only 9pm (on a Saturday) here.  smiley_beertoast
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Crookedkut

Quote from: doc henderson on May 18, 2019, 04:59:36 AM
hey crooked, did you already answer questions about you goals and plans for the mill.  what kinda trees in south texas?  what town are you near.  If you call timberking and ask for Matt, he can tell you about mills nearby.  Or PM the owner Will who chimed in a post or 2 back.  If you are passing by Wichita you can stop by, or in KC you can tour the office and see a mill in person.  A deposit can lock in the price and they throw in some blades ect. as part of the deal.  If you care to fill out your profile we can direct our questions/answers more to your situation.  and why is everyone else up so late?  I am working!!!  @ladylake    @Ianab   @Crookedkut
Same here.  I am working too.   Currently doing the night shift.   LOL

doc henderson

Well good morning and evening to all!! smiley_beertoast  04:20 am here, but I will have a beer when I get off at 07:00 am :D :) :D :) 8)

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!