iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Axemen series sundays 10PM?

Started by logger444, April 08, 2009, 11:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger444

Did the show get moved to a better time? I say put in on after Katie Couric sighns off. They could rename the show "Entertainment Tonight" and convince the general public these guys are hollywood stars trying to keep the economy rolling.

chucker

yupp ! there funny woodsman for sure.. lived out there in the same area from 1965 through 1982, worked in the columbia city area woods on both sides of the river. ( anyone remember the forest ranger buford haynes ) there showing the hard and easy ways of the big woods !! if there was'nt a little levity in the show as well as drama queens we probably would'nt watch it !! so please give us a few more seasons to make an old norwesterner happy !!! trudge on there dwain.....
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

thecfarm

I've been watching it on Mondays here.Was not on this week.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The only thing that runs on Sunday nights is the reruns from the week before. This week no episode aired.  I'm hoping they are re-editing the remaining episodes to make then tolerable to watch.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wi woodcutter

Quote from: Jeff on April 08, 2009, 07:51:11 PM
The only thing that runs on Sunday nights is the reruns from the week before. This week no episode aired.  I'm hoping they are re-editing the remaining episodes to make then tolerable to watch.

re-editing to make it more tolerable to watch without that S+S yelling dumba$$!!
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

twobears

monday night i forced myself to stay awake long enough to watch axmen and it wasn,t on.. ::) but,i guess if that aqua logger dude ends up on the editing room floor it,ll be worth it.
i wonder if he has any idea what he,s doing to his son by all the rude yelling he does at him?? nobody should treat anybody like that muchless your own son/family.
sometimes words can hurt more that a baseball bat upside the head and physical scars heal verbal scar last a lifetime...i know first hand!

trapper for life
delbert

mike_van

Delbert, I know what you mean - People talk better to draft animals than Jimmy does to his son.  I read he got 'busted' for grabbing all those 10 thousand dollar logs with no permit - Good,  they say you reap what you sow - Jimmys getting some well deserved bitter harvest back.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

twobears

MIKE:I hope that aqua logger dude sits down and really watchs how he acts and i hope he sees how much it effects his own son.you can see it right in the boys face.jimmy needs to go someplace and get some pro help and then change his ways.
i drove truck otr for awhile.one day i overheard a guy talking about how bad his own father treated him some wisea## got on the radio and got after him...he called him a crybaby,ect,ect.i got on the radio and told the guy to shut his mouth.ofcourse that only fired him up more.i then more or less verbally abused him on purpose.he got all mad and threatned me...i laughed at him and said "what baby those words hurt your feelings" he never said a word after that.
it,s sad that humans seem to treat there loved ones so bad at times..it,s hard to believe what we can do to eachother.over the last four years i,ve seen things that really make me wanta go hide from most everybody and i trust very few people anymore..  ::)
the thing that took the cake was sitting in a court room and listening to a 11 years old girl talk about how her own father touched her it was bad enough that he touched my younger neice (14years old) but,his own daughter!! and that stuff happens every single day!!
now,it seems atleast once a week we hear about a family member killing there own family.
well,enough of this for now..it,s time to go haul 47 little angels back home (i drive a school bus)

delbert

sbhooper

You may not have to worry about the aqua idiots after this season.  They got in major trouble for removing the logs from the river without getting a permit.  What a dipstick! He is funny to watch, though.  It is hard to believer anybody is that stupid.
My woods crew:

MS 361
MS 260
Husky 257
Husky 359

656 International w/grapple
Kawasaki Mule
Huskee 22 ton splitter

twobears

SB WROTE:It is hard to believe anybody is that stupid.
not to me it isn,t..i see stupid every single day.  ::) they should do another show "aqua logger fights back" they can show the aqua logger in court fighting all the tickets he got..lol
i would watch that and enjoy it. i,de like to know how much that mobydick log cost him.lets see.removing a log from the river bottom,dragging it for miles along the bottom,getting it stuck in the river bank,digging a trench in the river bank and tearing up the river bank with a dozer.plus,that old dozer no doubt leaked oil on the river bank and maybeeven in the water.

delbert

wi woodcutter

I'll tell you what if you dug up a water way like that in Wisconsin they would have you buried in fines. That aqua logger got what he deserved for treating people like dirt. Yelling is no way to treat people even your own son.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Button

I enjoy axemen. That cable thingy is the balls. Never saw anything like it here in ct. Those guys make me and freinds look like {edited family site}. So in the future you can refer to us as axewound men. Then again I have never sold a stick or taken any money for wood, I do this for fun.
66 timberjack 230
394xp
365 special x 2
woodmaster
the rabbits may outrun the skidder but the saw will catch up to the tree

Ron Scott

"Ax Men" Loggers Honored

The Oregon Department of Forestry named Gustafson Logging—the Astoria-based logging company that was the subject of the History Channel reality series "Ax Men"—the Forest Practices Operator of the Year for northwest Oregon for work the company did placing large trees in a creek on a private tree farm in Clatsop County to improve habitat for fish.

For more information, visit the website of The Oregonian.

E-Forester
~Ron

motohed

Quote from: Ron Scott on January 09, 2010, 03:52:37 PM
"Ax Men" Loggers Honored

The Oregon Department of Forestry named Gustafson Logging—the Astoria-based logging company that was the subject of the History Channel reality series "Ax Men"—the Forest Practices Operator of the Year for northwest Oregon for work the company did placing large trees in a creek on a private tree farm in Clatsop County to improve habitat for fish.

For more information, visit the website of The Oregonian.

E-Forester

If I had too pick a crew that came close to what I would exspectwestern  logging to be like it would be Gustafson /

Magicman

I guess a preview is on now.  That submerged log guy is still ah cussin.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ford62783

i enjoy axmen to its entertaining just gotta lol at sum of the [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] pihl reminds me of how it is with us
timberjack 240e

Jeff

Do you see what happened to your post above by the forums censoring software? I do. Don't do it again.  >:(
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

timberjack240

ive often said i gotta wonder ho it is that jimmy can take those logs and turn that kinda money and not have to have some knid of permit  ;D if he wouldve talked to me liek that he woulda got ot try out his swimmin skills while havin his lip busted open. dad or not he woulda ate his teeth . i watched the new one last nite melvin lardy is workin for pihl i gess. ill jsut tell ya if he screamed at me like taht id rip him outta that yarder and roll him down the hill. if he keeps pushin like that hes gonna have somebody hurt. as for dwayne id love to work w him  ;D hes lie the second version of my pap haha
and is far as moby dick. all that morn had to do was get to where he could pick up on it and it woulda came rite up out of the bank all he did was pull it deeper. that was def. quite the crew  ::)

ford62783

i see it relax accidents happen lol but u told me let me tell ya lol can we say power trip lol
timberjack 240e

Don K

ford, it doesn't have anything to do with a power trip. ::) This a family- oriented site that as it happens has a few readers of young ages and we keep it relatively clean around here. I like the fact that I don't see the filth that you see on some other sites on the web.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

treedog

Ain't this a wonderful place; time and place for most everything; thumbs up Don K;  and alotta thanks to you Jeff!!  Used to not even see a bellybutton on TV, now even commercials have R rating.

twobears

so what happened to melvin?? did that tree spear him or just scary the crap outta him?? i hope he just needed new underwear.

delbert

timberjack240

i missed the first couple mintues did he go outta business or what that he is runnin for pihl

captain_crunch

Well guys from the been there done that group most of the show is PURE DEE BULL***. But the language part is real can't say I am proud of it as old age sets in but seemed to be a badge of honor to be able to out cuss a mule skinner. And it gets to be a bad habbit. I like Melvin (the poor starving gyppo) but wore out equip and riggn make for a break down show. Brownning on other hand is example of sucessful Gyppo with newer equipment his kid (Jessie) would have been sent back to Kindergarden on first truck in real world >:( >:(  But that Riggn Slinger Brownning has now is typical of the of the Brush Ape of days gone by go hard as you can go and still have time to pounce on coworker for heck of it ;D ;D ;D His attitude would attract one hi-balling log getting bunch. Also when show is over will bet he puts his partial plate back in 8) They over play the danger part big time not saying it is safe by no means but I worry more about my Bell Saw mill eating me than most logging. Kinda a caculated risk deal. But Ifn I was a bullet proof kid again I would want to work with the Swamp Logger he is one Wildman :D :D :D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

timberjack240

the sooner jesse realizes that if you take a deep breathe and walk away from it he'll be better off . as for melvin in my opinion i wouldnt work w him. somebody who sits there screamin all day when the guys down over the bank are doin the real work and he makes no effort to help has no business bein around. if you cant do it all then you dont need to be boss in my opinion. im young and have been the boss for awhile but i can make the numbers happen and i can do everyhting if needed to as well. i worked for a guy that was like melvin .. noticed worked.. and i never will again. when all you can do is bark orders cause nothin siuts you when in reality you really cant siut yourself you have no business bein a boss.. strate up the only thing that will fix you is a good fist to mouth discussion. watchin him scream at those gus run. go. faster faster!! put me in a foul mood ina hurry strate up i dont like him.. not tryin to knock anybody just my opinion on him..   they do try to spice it up a lil bit .. some stuff that they consider dangerous is a daily thing that isnt even that bad. i sit there and think to myself that was a little dramatic.. i gess when you dont do it every day it would seem a lil more dangerous.  they want dangerous they shoulda been w me today when a dead white pine busted off and started fallin at me that i didnt think i was gonan out run,. landed rite acorss my tracks missin me by about 2 steps. if it woulda got me it sure wouldnt have hurt casue that woulda been it
captain crunch.. im with ya on that swamp loggin thing.. i love workin in the swampy areas  ;D thatd be a whole new game there 

Thank You Sponsors!