iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

heating oil delivery

Started by sprucebunny, November 11, 2021, 04:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Quote from: Southside on November 16, 2021, 09:49:56 PM
There are some men you just can't reach.    
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Old Greenhorn

Obviously that special fella benefitted from the Peter Principal. I'm surprised he lived that long. I suppose it's not the worst way to get equipment replaced. Makes you wonder what goes on in those tiny brains they have. "Yeah, this will work......OOOPS". :-[
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

moodnacreek

The power line people do more damage than if nothing had been done. On my state road frontage w/ high lines, I finely cleared all the trees just to get rid of them. You can never, ever tell them where not to drive a truck [on you land]. They specialize in property damage and they love their job.

Resonator

Quoteyup it's the "man and a rope" moron, one and the same - turns out he has been promoted to some sort of area supervisor
I've seen that in big companies where the guy that screws up gets promoted to management. As he obviously knows safety, and what to do and not to do, or they just want to avoid firing people. :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

moodnacreek

Propane is the absolute worst because around here the owner operated supplier is long gone for many years.  Once i had a leak on their rusty 'asprin bottle 'tank. Reported it and you guessed it, notice on door: no leak found. Then at thanksgiving it blows out and we lose all the gas [and they keep it full]. After they put in a new tank we get a new driver who can't back up, he goes in the ditch and rips the culvert out from under the drive he is not supposed to be on. Next 4" rain and washed out drive way. I discontinue service and fix tank so they can't put gas in because people who pay their bill can't discontinue. They charge me rent on their tank as I try to use up the gas. Then I give up as they say they will credit me the remaining gas. So with half the drive fixed [at my cost] I load their tank on their truck. Next I get a $110 bill for picking up the tank.  I should have taken them to court but I have work to do.

sawguy21

Did you duly note and file that bill? The bulk dealer had been filling our older top load trailers for a number of years with no problem then notified us they would have to be bottom load only, mumbled something about new regulations we couldn't find any rcord of but the petroleum supplier had taken over distribution. Bottom line was the drivers refused to exert themselves and climb on the catwalks citing 'safety concerns'. To be fair I didn't want to be up there either. One of our people had to jump off our fuel truck when the hose separated from the pump and the Jet B caught fire as he was filling.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

There's such as thing as safety concerns for sure, and I can't blame anyone for looking out for their safety. But there should be common sense between the ears to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jimbarry

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 11, 2021, 05:02:09 PM
All kinds of craziness since the New Millennium. Insurance will cancel you up this way for a 10 year old tank. That rule hit us pretty much 20 years ago.
Hot water tanks too now, or sign a waiver to absolve insurance company of liability...as if they would pay anyway.

SwampDonkey

Plus heating with wood adds onto your premium cost. It's 'heat surcharge'.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

The oil got delivered this morning by a father and son with a nice recent model Kenworth.
Son looks around 25-30 and dad is 55-60+ but I'm probably bad at guessing ages.

I told the son the rest of the story about the second oil company because he asked how I had heard of them. He said he didn't see anything at all wrong with where and what is there. So I have a new oil company for this house and they are 10 cents a gallon cheaper.

They don't deliver as far as my other house, unfortunately.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

newoodguy78

Glad you got that figured out, shame on the other company. 

sprucebunny

Thanks.

The other Two companies !!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Well good on them. There are still some common sense folks around when you go looking. I know one thing, if something gets over regulated, something like an oil tank doubles in price because you are now at their mercy with the government backing them. ::)

Ron Scott

Nothing is simple anymore! >:(
~Ron

Dave Shepard

Quote from: thecfarm on November 13, 2021, 05:12:40 PM
Don't know what others are either.
I work at a hardware store, carry 50# is normal. Than people park 50 feet away and expect me to carry it. As they say, It's only 50 feet. Than I say, I do this all day long, you drive over here, unless you want to carry it?
Than they drive over.  ::)
I remember when grain bags went from 100# to 50#. I asked why. I was told too many people couldn't lift the 100# or were getting hurt. I said I didn't mind the 50#s, because I could carry more at once, and took five of them out to the truck. Got yelled at by the manager of the store. 250# was nothing for a 17 year old sasquatch.  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

I know dad used to lift full potato barrels up on to the flat bed truck, this was before barrel hoists. Never saw my father complain about any aches and never limped around either. Dad wasn't tall, but he was built solid with big hands. My grandfather taught boxing in these parts. I wonder if that was some influence. :D

Bill

I m a bit stiff still from the weekend . Topped off the oil tank by filling up 2   55 gal drums with off road #2 at the local ( gas ) station at ~ $2.70 / gal which I believe is a bit low because they 've had this oil for a few months ( lower prices ) . I suspect it 'll be going up as they said they were near to ordering a refill . Over the road is $3.99 .  And even with the tractors bucket there's a fair bit of pushing involved to get those full drums moved around.

The - former - oil company ( the one that doesnt use chains any more ' ceptin if there's an emergency ) sent me a bill . Turns out I have a $4.59 credit - hardly an inducement to order from them after they wouldn't deliver in the middle of Jan '21 and left me to call them to find out that their truck wasn't coming ...

Thank You Sponsors!