iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

40 years ago today

Started by SCSawyer, August 05, 2016, 10:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Off subject but just thought I would share, I was born in this little wooden house 40 years ago today, in del Rio Tennessee in the heart of the southern Appalachian mountains, delivered by a little Granny midwife 80 years old.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

SCSawyer

SCSawyer

thecfarm

That is a very important happening.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishfighter

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WV Sawmiller

Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing it with us.

Now go cut a 6" thick cookie off a 14" log, ice it and decorate it with short sticks for candles and see if it sells. (David Post sells them for $300 each I heard.)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

qbilder

Ha! Same birthday but you beat me by two years. Ironically, I now live in TN. And I also have a saw mill. That must mean we are like relatives or something. I mean, what else could it mean? :D

Happy birthday!
God bless our troops

Percy

Happy Birthday SCSawyer....I sorta remember turning forty......I think.....nahh..... ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

tnaz

Happy Birthday 8) By  chance do you own the house now?  That would be very cool.

Terry

SCSawyer

No, but I would love to, I had a crazy thought yesterday I wondered if they would sell it and I could move it to my home now, then I woke up and came back to reality, there was over 1000 of the 2000 babies she delivered born in that little 9x9 room in the house, it's sorta piece of history in the area, I just hope they keep it in good shape, it's over 100 years old, but wow how great would it be to buy it and have it !!!!

RPowers

Awesome story, Happy Birthday!  I love old buildings with lots of history in them. If you get a chance you should buy the house and the acre it sets on to preserve it.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

SCSawyer

tnaz

Man; thanks for sharing that!!! 8)

I hope to look up the area the next time we go to Tn..

Terry

East ky logging

Happy birthday. I also share a birthday with you but I got 4 years on you.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

Thank You Sponsors!