iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

modified 032av

Started by redpowerd, March 08, 2003, 07:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

any pointers on gettin more power out of my ole 32? I thought about tradin up but cant part with her. thanks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

spreaderman

take the muffler face plate off, follow though the heat sheild with 1 hole, maybe two using the same size bit as the holes in the heat sheild, remove all the burs from the inside of the face plate and reinstall. ( I drilled out the hole in the center, looking down from the top of the saw angling to the left). expect about a 20% power gain. not speed, power . Oh and remove the screen and the tiny scew holding it on... And then screw the carb adjustments all the way in and then out EXACTLY one turn or one turn and a quarter, some stickers on the saw near the adjustments will tell you how much to turn them (out) or counter clockwise for more speed.  I hope this has helped, enjoy the new found power

redpowerd

thanks! the carb runs like a champ,  just cleaned her out. ill mess wit the muffler tomorro after my drill is charged. lookin forward to it. thanks a bunch!!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

spreaderman

one more thing, you might drop down to from 3/8ths to a .325 chain width,  you will have to change the rim, spocket and bar, but it will cut ALOT faster. If you do this make sure the pitch is matched up on the sprocket,bar and chain.  all parts .50 or .63  

redpowerd

the muffler is just one part, heat sheild and all, i look into the exhaust and see the screen, but not sure how to get to it. that screen the spark arrestor? im new to getting more power from my saws, i just keep em running well. thanks again!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

redpowerd

well i gave her a couple of love taps with the hammer and revealed the seam opening up the muffler. i took the screen out. now is the heat sheild the thicker part attatching directly to the exhaust port? theres about 13-15 quarter inch size holes there. i figgerd the heat sheild was the thin dented metal on the very outside, its got slots but no round holes, and is not removeable from the half with the screen. and when you say follow through the heat sheild, am i opening up new holes in the muffler? i figger you mean drill holes inside the muffler, right where the exhaust goes first, on the half without the spark arrester. thanks again.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

spreaderman

those 13-15 quarter inch holes, use them as a guide
oo0oo   o      make it look something like the  example to the
oo0oo   0      left
oo0oo   o     drill out the large zero's, yes drill holes in the
                   muffler cover    

redpowerd

will this work with my 029 and 021?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD