iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 460M

Started by David_c, October 02, 2003, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_c

well i decided to put money down on a new 460 8) instead of the used 660. nice saw cant wait till i pay it off. then it let the games begin  ;D

SawInIt CA

My 460 is the one I grab for 90% of my cutting. Great saw. Tip.....use the compression relief to shut it off. one less step to start and your rope will last alot longer.

jokers

How much is that new 460? If you are interested in looking at other brands, the Dolmar 7900 will outcut the 460, weighs less, vibrates less, and in most cases costs less. Dolmar is a quality brand, the only shortcoming being that some areas have few dealers.

BTW, I have a 460 Mag(among many other saws). The next bigger saw will be a 7900.

Russ

David_c

thanks for the tip saw. so what do you do press the decomp vavle and it shuts it off, or press then shut off?

David_c

hey russ try no dealers in this area heck never even seen one. thanks though. oh yeh 695 with 24" bar.

Rob

Thats more than I paid for my 385XP with a 24" b/c ..but whatever floats your boat I agree with Russ the Dolmars are a great saw I have heard nothing but good about them..There are a few dealers out my way David if your interested?

Rob

David_c

you bought your 385 online did'nt you Rob. i could've probably got it for a few dollars less but i got it from the dealer 10 min from the house.

SawInIt CA

David,
I just press the decomp and it shuts off. 1 pull and it starts up. I only hit the swithc first thing in the day or if it gets col enough to need the choke.

David_c

thanks saw so what other saws you have.

woodmills1

My 066 is awesum but then again so are my two from three 028's.  Did i mention that my 038 really chunks up the larger firewood pieces? And I paid $50 for my one hander 009. still or wait a minute Stihl, listen its the chain and how sharp it is that really matters. Although there seems to be no substitute for HP. :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

David_c

hey woodmills1 your right about a sharp chain. but horsepower is more fun. it is also my intention to do a little comparison i have a husky 372 & 350 all ready i wanted to try a stihl becuase i have never had one and i want to know which i like better if any.

Thank You Sponsors!