iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

large ash

Started by xlogger, February 09, 2019, 05:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Local tree guy dropped this ash off this week, after doing a little trimming I put it under my slabbing mill. With all the crotches it will be nice or maybe a waste of time???

Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Chuck White

You'll be a while with that one before you get it whittled down!

Could very well make some really nice looking slabs!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

xlogger

Quote from: WDH on February 09, 2019, 07:29:47 AM
Run, Forrest, Run!
Doing good for a old guy that was going to quit a few months ago.
It's whittled down ready to slab up. Probably going to get 3 plus feet slabs.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

Looks like a money maker.. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

RShober

EAB took out one of mine that has a similar structure...anxious to see how your job comes out.
Robert
Robert

OffGrid973

Ash...I feel some checking in the future...maybe rewatch The Gump again.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

nativewolf

@xlogger How do you like the turbosaw?  I just noticed that is what you use for slabbing and I wasn't aware that anyone on the forum had one for slabbing.  Have you got the swing bade setup and slabbing or just slabber?

Liking Walnut

thecfarm

Well? Pictures of how it turned out?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

xlogger

Been so busy with other thing I've not got to it yet. I need to pressure wash it lots of mud. It going to rain all next week they say so probably the week after.
On the Turbo Saw I only have the dedicated slabber. I had to do a little tweeting on it along with some help from Jake at Turbo Saw. It seems like I got the first one they made. Now I like it. Its set up to be portable but I don't do that only here at my place, so I'm still going to take off the leg extensions and put something heavy there and probably attach to the concrete to help with some of the shaking.  

xlogger

Rain stopped so we worked on steel trust for damaged building and had a little time after that so we decide to peel off the top of the ash to see what it might look like. Lots more figure as I get deeper.

WDH

That is going to be really good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Thank you!!! I like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

xlogger

This one is

about the 5th or 6th cut. Got 11 slabs 9/4. Now the wait for months to air dry before going to the kiln.The pallet its setting on is 4' wide 8' long.

WDH

Now you get to plane it ;D. 

xlogger

Quote from: WDH on February 19, 2019, 07:57:40 PM
Now you get to plane it ;D.
Not me! My job is over except for drying it. I leave all that up to the woodworkers. I tell them I don't do finish work if they don't buy a mill ;D

John Bartley

Quote from: xlogger on February 19, 2019, 06:32:49 PM
This one is

about the 5th or 6th cut. Got 11 slabs 9/4. Now the wait for months to air dry before going to the kiln.The pallet its setting on is 4' wide 8' long.
Those are absolutely beautiful slabs!  Nicely done !!
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

Thank You Sponsors!