iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Carving

Started by Cedar Savage, November 25, 2012, 11:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedar Savage

I asked where I should post some carving pics, & they said this was the place....

Fresh carved welcome bears, the board on the block will be the welcome sign held by bears.

A bench I made with a 046 & a beam machine

Another bench, with a pike on it, & a panda

Menagerie of carvings in shop

"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

Jeff

Do you have any close ups of some of your fish carvings? They look pretty cool. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedar Savage

Not on hand, but I could take some tomarrow...
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

thecfarm

You have talent. Like the sewing machine cabinet too. Treadle? could not see that part. I think my wife has 3 of them. She brought a treadle white and called them up and they sent her a complete parts-manual book for free.
I like the curved back on the bench.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lud

Nice work !  Like the fish! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Cedar Savage

Thanks for the compliments....here's a couple close up pics of the fish

Lake Trout

Brown Trout

Coho Salmon

ND rancher

WOW! That is some awesome work! You have a great talent. I had a cousin who carved fish and other stuff from horn.Unfortunately he passed before I got him do one for me.Keep up the great work.   Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Riggs

Those are amazing, thanks for sharing.
:)
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Simply amazing! Wait 'til Jeff sees this. I have a feeling he'll love it to.  :)

You have a talent.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

jueston

amazing. i'm lucky if i can keep control of a chainsaw long enough to cut down a tree non the less carve something so detailed... :D

all of them look great. thanks for posting.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

All of your carvings are amazing.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

valley

Love it I am looking forward to the day I have some time to try some thinks like this actually log furniture and Perow boats are what I'm wanting to build
Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

Lud

You really know your fish anatomy!  And a subtle hand with the torch enhancement.  My compliments,,,,,, :christmas:
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thecfarm

WOW and more than WOW. very nice details on the fish.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customdave

They are absolutely  awesome  8)....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Cedar Savage

Wow.... thanks for all the complements, I haven't logged in here in awhile, I did do some logging outside tho...

Happy New Years

Thank You Sponsors!