iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Dogs

Started by solodan, February 19, 2006, 09:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solodan

We had some real nice weather here the last few weeks, and I had some time to saw some logs with the help of my new dogs.
I got a set of those real nice GripperDogs from our friend here at the FF, JPGreen.

I was real impressed as to how well they held the logs in place. I have lots of big trees here,  and really never worried too much about holding them in place. I do alot of custom work for homes in the mountains here, and quite often have to rip and notch small logs to get the effect needed. I always hated sawing the small logs. I needed to saw some very small logs, so that the wain could be left in some of the corners of these 4x5 posts.

real easy!

bucked the log, put it in place, set the dogs, and cut the 4x5 cant in about five minutes.

this is what was left.

I actually like the small logs with these dogs,  they're *DanG easy to move ;D

JPGreen told me that I could saw down to the last inch and was a bit skeptical at first. I cut a 4x5 out of a 6" log. I was left with 1"

solodan

I still like the bigger logs. ;D

here are some regular sized logs I sawed last week.
16'  33" incense cedar.

the dogs worked real good on these too.

notice I was in a t-shirt,  :)

well everything got buried in a foot of snow yesterday. :(

jpgreen

Awww Shucks- Thanks for the comments Dan..  8)

I designed these dogs to make swingers complete by being able to easily take on small logs also.  There's lots of ways the dogs can be used.

You guys probably know Dan's an experienced sawyer and serious wood craftsman, and I'm flattered that he thinks highly of my litter..  ;D

Check some of his work out here:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=15937.0

smiley_beertoast smiley_beertoast smiley_beertoast
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

highpockets

JPGREEN

I snuck in and looked at you photo album.  That seems like a lot of concrete slab for an outhouse. 
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

jpgreen

That's a "West Coast" outhouse Dick...  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!