iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daylight Savings

Started by sprucebunny, March 09, 2017, 07:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend.

Apparently, NOAA and the National Weather Service couldn't wait and have already gone to DST. I noticed this morning but it might have happened a few days ago. Wonder if there is a rational explanation ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Chuck White

Hard to say, SB.

I'll just wait until Saturday night before bed, like most people do!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

I called the Weather Service in Grey Maine to ask. They don't know either. It's nationwide !! Have to guess a computer screw up of some sort.

Burlkraft

Here in NM we're going on but I believe we're not coming off. I guess the clock in the Tracker will be right all year long now. ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Kcwoodbutcher

I never changed my clocks last fall so it won't be a problem. The livestock around here don't know anything about daylight savings time so I just never change them to keep them on the same schedule.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

sprucebunny

Yah, I don't worry much about changing my clocks.

An article in the paper said NH was considering moving to a different time zone because the state immediately south of us was considering it. They argue that almost 100k NH citizens work there and we depend on tourism for an economy now.
I say not enough people working there to matter and changing time zones will make the tourists think they are further from home  :D

Weekend_Sawyer

I think we should all be on Z time. That way when some one anywhere in the world says an event will happen at 10am you know exactly when that will be.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Corley5

I think we should split the difference.  Set the time ahead a 1/2 hour now and forget about it  ;) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

I hate daylight savings. Leave it alone, IMO. I don't know anyone that I've ever spoken too that is in favor of it, it seems to be overwhelmingly unpopular, yet we can't get rid of it ???
Too many irons in the fire

Chuck White

I agree with Corley5, move it half-way, then leave it alone!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

someone said, It may have been on the FF that only politicians can say that you take something off of one end of the day and add it onto the other and it makes more.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

gspren

I'd prefer that we change to Daylight Saving time and then leave it there, I like the extra light on the end of the day.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!