iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

feed rate sticks

Started by Hagwoodhunter, October 13, 2014, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagwoodhunter

WM lt30. My auto feed will stick at certain points when cutting a log.  What could cause this?
'88 Lt 30

Traveling Man

tule peak timber

depending on the number of hours on your mill , the cam follower bearings may need replacing. Bark-  dirt, in the chain ? potentiometer crusty ?Lastly look at the motor drive system -the belt , jack shaft , bearings , and maybe even brushes. There is a trouble shooting procedure in your ops manual that helps eliminate a lot of these potentials .Also your electronics board has tell/tale lights explained in your manual. Your problem is fixable ! Cheers  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

isawlogs

First thing I would check is the cam bearings. Open up the cover too be able to see the bearings, turn key on acs., make mill run the track and lok at the bearings, one may at times stop rolling. Don't forget to look at the bottom bearings also.  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Do you have compressed sawdust or bark restricting movement?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

Push it the length of the mill by hand.  Then you'll know exactly where the problems are if it's on the rails or chain.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 13, 2014, 11:03:57 PM
Do you have compressed sawdust or bark restricting movement?

I agree, debris could stop your feed!

Check the feed chain, bark on there can stop the sawheads travel.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

backwoods sawyer

After giving the rollers and rails a close look, wipe the rails down with ATF as per your manual and see if that helps.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Hagwoodhunter

THanks guys its an '88.  i ll check it out tmrw
'88 Lt 30

Traveling Man

Thank You Sponsors!