iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's in your helmet?

Started by jdtuttle, July 21, 2008, 10:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

Has this ever happened to you? Just got back from a weeks vacation & decided to take a ride on the ATV with Chooch (75lb Sheppard) she loves to ride on the ATV. Anyway we rode up to the top of the mountain to look at the view. When we got there I took my helmet off and a bunch of dirt fell out. I looked inside and found a mud wasp nest & a couple of spiders running around. Luckily there were only eggs & no adults. I've been itching my head all day just thinking about it.
The moral of the story. Look in your helmet before putting it on.
Have a great day

easymoney

i have heard of bees in your bonnet. but not muddaubers in your helment. :D

Warbird

At least it wasn't ants in your pants.  ;D

ellmoe

At my house the shoes come off outside. Boss's rules (not mine ;D  ). Last year every morning I would have to dump out the same toad out of the same boot. He never missed a day. At first I was kinda irritated with it, but after awhile I got attached to him and would enjoy our morning ritual, Alas, I guess he is no more. Still, every morning I dump the boot out...forever hoping. :(

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Dave Shepard

I've found spiders in the earmuffs of the chainsaw helmet before. Try not to leave that out anymore.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Slabs

Quote from: easymoney on July 21, 2008, 11:36:39 AM
i have heard of bees in your bonnet. but not muddaubers in your helment. :D

Bubba call em' dirt dobbers.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Dale Hatfield

Ive had yellow jackets in mine . After falling a tree onto their nest. After parking the saw and making the dancing bee jog.
Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Ironwood

I thought this would be in your felling helmet and be along the lines of a survival blanket, energy bar, and first aid supplies.  ;D

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Raphael

Quote from: Dave Shepard on July 21, 2008, 07:22:55 PM
I've found spiders in the earmuffs of the chainsaw helmet before. Try not to leave that out anymore.

Dave

I just recently found the mice have been using mine for a urinal.   Possibly payback for the traps.  :o
I'm in the market for a pair of replacements.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

DR_Buck

Years ago when I rode motorcycle I was coming down a mountain road and on one side of the road was a mountain....on the other nothin.      OOPS.   Wrong story.    :D :D 

I had my former girl friend on the back of the bike going down the above mentioned mountain road and had a bumble bee come under the face shield into my helmet.  It sounded like a B52 bomber flying around in there.  :o    I went off the road into the woods at about 60 mph trying to rip off my helmet and stop the bike all at the same time while still keeping it up on both wheels.    Scared the crapola out of the girl friend as she didn't know why I had decided to take the "scenic route"    It must have been our lucky day because some how I succeeded and neither of us was hurt and I even managed to miss all the trees.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Raider Bill

Some would say a brainless fool is in mine :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!