iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vegemite / Marmite Ice Lollies

Started by Ianab, December 14, 2017, 03:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

:D Having never tasted either I won't pass judgement.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Ianab

Further research has been done on the subject.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/99917557/marmite-is-kind-of-a-big-deal-but-how-about-marmite-ice-cream

Marmite ice cream probably won't be a big seller, but the Marmite and Caramel swirl seems to have potential. It's worth watching the taste test video.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

I tried grits once. Can't be much worse than that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Just curious, what is the principal ingredient in Marmite?  I'm guessing the Vegemite is vegetable/plant based.  ???

How about a Coke Moxie Float?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yeast extract which sounds just ʎɯɯn⅄

Magicman

oz_smiley  ¡¡¡ pǝʇᴉɔxǝ os ɯɐ I
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Quoteoz_smiley  ¡¡¡ pǝʇᴉɔxǝ os ɯɐ I

Do we need to make up a "gift pack" to send?   :D

And yes it's a yeast extract, made from left over brewing yeast. It's a very distinctive and strong flavour. DO NOT spread it like peanut butter, you won't like it.

Magicman

I think that I am getting an information overload but what is the difference between Vegemite and Marmite or do I really want to know?

Ianab

Vegemite is the Australian version.

The NZ company bought the rights to the brand "Marmite" for Aus and NZ, so when an Aussie company wanted to make it, they had to come up with a new name. The original UK Marmite, NZ Marmite and Vegemite are all similar, but any connoisseur can easily tell them apart. Different yeast and other ingredients.

One of the worst after effects of the Christchurch earthquake was the Marmite factory having to shut down for repairs. The country ran out of Marmite for a while, and we were reduced to having to use Australian Vegemite  :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite#2012%E2%80%9313_New_Zealand_shortage
The event was known as Marmageddon, but we got though it.  :D

rjwoelk

It diffently is a requored taste. When i was guiding British Army fellow on adventure training, they had that stuff in their kit. I found it.  ::)22 :-X
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!