iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grit's Again

Started by Magicman, February 16, 2018, 07:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's been too long so tonight it was Grit's & Egg.

Along with Toast and Pepper Jelly.  MMmmmm.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

starmac

Man, and you were doing so good too.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Wow. Been about 15 years for me. How time flies.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2018, 10:32:31 PM
Oh! THAT POOR EGG! 
Didn't notice da Pepper Jelly eh?   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

That pic almost caused me to lose the sausage, eggs and pumpernickel toast i had for breakfast.
Seriously tho I dont mind grits once in a blue moon.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

I had grits and biscuits and blueberry jam with deer sausage for breakfast. I sure envy those yellow grits. We have a hard time getting them up here and the ones I bring back from my trips down south usually we save for special events like big fish fries and such. We have friends who come and eat 3-4 helpings of grits at our fish fries. I guess this is the only time they get them.

I'll have to pass on that fried egg though. I have a 90 y/o aunt who made me eat one when I was a small child and I still have not forgiven her although I try. I will eat eggs scrambled hard or in an omelet but that runny yoke doesn't cut the mustard (Another old saying).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dave Shepard

I don't do runny yolks. The toast looks good.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

21incher

We need a thumbs down dislike  button for pics like that egg drowning in Grits.  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You have "back slid".
I'm a sinner too.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

JohnW

Hey WV Sawmiller, that's too bad about the lack of yellow grits around Hinton.  Bob's Red Mill is a brand we have around here, but it's still a little hard to find.

Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

AKA Polenta?
Maybe more folks would like them by that name.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

WDH

Had to go to Florida to a wedding.  A man has to eat to keep up his strength when attending weddings  :).

Fried flounder, hushpuppies, cheese grits, and coleslaw.  Oh yeah, and sweet tea, too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

The perfect meal!  You're making me hungry, and I need to spend more time below the Mason Dixon Line. 
Say when

Dave Shepard

BRM polenta is available in any grocery store here. I've never bought any.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

petefrom bearswamp

Linda and I are planning to go to the deep south and visit some forum members in late March early April
I am going to see if I can find Bob's Red mill here and go into training for a delightful gastronomic tour of GA, AL, MS, LA and TX.
Probably visit kbeitz and possibly some of the VA boys too on the way too.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

sandhills

I tell you what, I love fresh seafood I'd trade anyone a box of home raised beef for some FRESH seafood if anyone is interested, and yes, I'll take the grits with it  :).

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2018, 07:54:10 PM
It's been too long so tonight it was Grit's & Egg.

Along with Toast and Pepper Jelly.  MMmmmm.
I noticed the strange burn pattern on your toast,What kind of toaster do you have?

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

If he was at his cabin I could tell you it is a toaster oven, not a toaster.

Jeff

Quote from: WDH on February 19, 2018, 08:25:26 AMFried flounder, hushpuppies, cheese grits, and coleslaw.  Oh yeah, and sweet tea, too.

Mmmm Mmmm!  That looks 75% Delish!

Magicman

Da buttered portion of the bread doesn't toast, and yes a toaster oven, not one of dem popup kind.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jeff on February 19, 2018, 01:34:08 PM
Quote from: WDH on February 19, 2018, 08:25:26 AMFried flounder, hushpuppies, cheese grits, and coleslaw.  Oh yeah, and sweet tea, too.

Mmmm Mmmm!  That looks 75% Delish!

Just don't care for the cole slaw I guess. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

You buttered before toasting. Makes sense.
I'm in the hut for a new toaster oven myself.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!