iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need help with a 110 prentice loader

Started by kwkid, August 29, 2013, 01:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwkid

hi guys  i am looking for drawings or real detailed pics of the 110 bc i am building a 1/25 scale model of my uncles last truck it was an international s series with a 110 on it i have looked every where for drawings of the loader but no luck i can load a pic of the truck but loader cant be seen only the a frame  my uncles name was wendell carll out of linnius Maine my cousin larry drove the truck thinking it is still in the houlton Maine area would love to have the old girl but i guess a plastic model will have to do any help would be great full thank you my rl name is harry

thecfarm

kwkid,welcome to the forum. Is that a commom loader now? If I wanted it as bad as you sound you do,I would go to a logger's home with a 110 prentice loader and tell him the same thing that you just posted and he would gladly help you,if you could find that loader.
Here's an old thread.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,37015.0.html
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine372

i just googled 'prentice 110 log loader' and the first pic that came up was correct. the give away is the the knuckle cylinder on the top of the boom.

my dads first log truck was a 2050 IH with a 110. I think it came from downeast when he bought it used.

stamper

If you don't run, you rust.
-Tom Petty

kwkid

stamper i need pics of the whole loader  outriggers  pretty much all of it as i said going to build my uncles last truck he owned before he passed away i knew the truck was in the houlton me area but not sure its condition theses days so i figured a model would be the best way to go

kwkid

the truck i am talking about only pic i have of the old truck

snowstorm

there is a 110 in farmington on rt 4 heading west just beyond the well driller on the right. it looks just like a new one except for the faded paint. its not mounted on a truck its on a big hunk of steel and concrete. its been there for 30yrs that i know of. so there ya go should be just what your looking for

thecfarm

It's at a metal shop with a brick house, Just a little before or past the entrance to Mt Blue High school. Labonville is the next place. Good eye snowstorm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stamper

No problem, I will get some shots in the next few days, What year truck was that on? My 1980 IH looks real close to it.
-Tom Petty

stamper

I wonder if that truck was a drywall truck at one time, Looks like a flatbed with bunks added later.
That is the way mine is
-Tom Petty

kwkid

stamper not sure i knew uncle had it in the late 70s early 80s  last time i saw the truck it was tan and brown instead of the red and white  as far as the body goes i think it was always a pulpwood body

kwkid

if you dont mind stamper would love to see the truck you have  uncles was an s series 2574 as far as i can remember but that was when i was 10 -16 i am closer to 50 these days lol 

North River Energy

QuoteIt's at a metal shop with a brick house...
White Buffalo Machine?

I have an HOBC-RM and the factory manual with schematics. 

Don't know how much the H has in common with the 110 other than parts of the a-frame and swing gear?

thecfarm

If someone offered me a $100 dollar for the name of that machine shop I would of walked away empty handed. I can see the sign now that you mentioned it. I have drove by it 100's of times. I think they finally got the top course of brick on after what seems like 20 years not being done.

stamper

-Tom Petty

kwkid

looks really close stamper same vody style looks about same yr  btw i found that 110 at that metal shop  its missing the a frame an bucket from what i can see on google maps street veiw but yes thats the right boom

snowstorm

the bucket is not there but everything else is

kwkid

ok snowstorm  will see if i can find a number to them

stamper

got some pictures of "big Jimmy"...many de

tailed ones in my gallery
-Tom Petty

kwkid

thank you stamper those pics will be very useful 

smwwoody