iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

unfound treasures

Started by Tom, June 30, 2009, 11:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Sometimes the grocery gitter brings home stuff and it doesn't get eaten or served.  It was blackberries this time.   I kept watching them and nobody was eating them. They weren't being served either.  I don't mess with stuff like that usually, because as sure as I do I hear, "who ate the blackberries!? I was saving them for a desert!"

Well I saw some white stuff growing on them this afternoon.  Quick, like a bunny, I salvaged them and put them in a glass.  They 3/4 filled a big ice tea glass.  Then I got the chef's wand.  You know, the thing with the electric motor on one end and a motor boat propeller on the other.   I put about three tablespoons of sugar on them and stuck that motor boat propeller in there and liquefied them real good.  Then I sealed the glass with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator.

This evening, I was wanting something and didn't know what.  I put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in a coffee mug and dumped/oozed a couple of tablespoons of blackberries on it.  MMMMm Boy!   There is even the slightest hint of wine.   I might do this on purpose one day.

fishpharmer

Tom, you should do freelance advertising work, your making me hungry.

Has she told you what they were for yet?  I wonder if she is doing an experiment on you? :D

Maybe just me, but I think you took the proper plan of action in helping reduce the waste of food, and lessening your total overall carbon footprint. :D

Now I can't speak for your emmision of greenhouse gasses.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pigman

About now, Tom's wife is looking at him and asking "who ate the blackberries!? " :-X
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Tom,

You are in big trouble.  You better slip out and get some more.  Then you can do it again ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

Yep, this evening, I was asked, "where are the blackberries?"

"In the Refrigerator", said I.  ;D

So far, I haven't heard anything else.  :-\

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Quote from: Tom on July 01, 2009, 11:41:49 PM
Yep, this evening, I was asked, "where are the blackberries?"

"In the Refrigerator", said I.  ;D

So far, I haven't heard anything else.  :-\

Its about time to ask her where they are now.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Her Momma ate the "syrup(?)" on her ice cream.  It lasted through a bunch of bowls full.

I'm layin' low.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!