iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2018 Christmas Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED FIRST POST!

Started by Jeff, December 07, 2018, 11:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Papenburg

I do not know if I got it right but first try it came back and told me the code was 20 letters I pared it down and sent it on its way . nothing. not even a you made it or an attaboy. or a you dummy that's wrong
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Old Greenhorn

If it doesn't bring you to a logical step, or the end, it is not yet correct. Keep trying. I got a little frustrating for me too. Just keep at it and re-check your typing over and over. The instructions are accurate and if you get it right, you will move on. It is very clear when you wind up at the right place.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

LeeB

I have no idea what I was doing wrong on the first step but finally got it right. It was fun. Thanks Jeff, Tammy, and the folks at Logrite.  :new_year:
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Grizzly

I'm fairly confident none of yous will call me a simpleton so I'll take a chance here. First time I've ever tried a contest but decided this one just might be simple enough for me.

1) i can only find 22 sponsors
2) 1 sponsor cannot  will not be found

What simple things am i doing wrong?
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Jeff

You may be looking for the wrong sponsor. Because im a little bit evil, i left one out on purpose so you wouldnt know which one.. There are still 23 in the puzzle. Not sure how many you must find to reveal the secret message, or if i do, im not telling.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jb616

FINALLY got it after I spelled the URL correctly....I need to hire you next year when it is my turn to run the family Christmas party. Too much fun!

JJ

Jeff and Tammy..
Great fun, how you are so devious with your games amazes me.
Thank you to all of the Forestryforum sponsors! - with big shout out to Independent Sawmill & Woodlot!!

Cheers!
       JJ

Hilltop366

I finished last night, no printer so I had to figure a way to put the puzzle in a drawing program so I could circle the words as I found them.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to the Contest Sponsors
Tammy and Kevin Bantle of Logrite Tools, Bluecreeper and Riteleg!

Magicman

How do I remove these magic marker circles from my laptop screen??  ::)   :o   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Magicman on December 10, 2018, 08:48:03 AM
How do I remove these magic marker circles from my laptop screen??  ::)   :o   :-X
Gasoline will work......once.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WDH

You can get a new computer, again. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Hilltop366

Duh! use dry erase markers!  ;D

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Hilltop366

Grizzly

Thanks Ray and Jeff. Got er done! Why do such simple things need to be so hard to catch on to?? Oh well. Enjoyed it.

Lyle
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ljohnsaw

That was a lot of fun!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to the Contest Sponsors
Tammy and Kevin of Logrite Tools, Bluecreeper and Riteleg!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

smiley_thumbsup smiley_christmas smiley_christmas smiley_christmas smiley_christmas

Thank you all, another fun contest

D    

Weekend_Sawyer

I got through to the third one.
It's kicking my butt!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

dgdrls

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on December 11, 2018, 04:12:50 AM
I got through to the third one.
It's kicking my butt!
Be methodical !
you'll get it
D

Jeff

The third level and the 5 levels are the easiest.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bwstout

it took me two days but got it finally. ;D Was a lot of fun 
home built mill

Weekend_Sawyer

I MADE IT!!!!

It took me an hour to get the last 4. But I got it.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Brad_bb

I was going to go to bed at midnight last night, but then I saw this contest.  So much for sleep!  The first puzzle was tricky because there isn't a clear list of the names you're looking for like in subsequent puzzles.  I was using the sponsors on the left side of the page, but one of those was not used, a couple had truncated names, and 4 had to be found elsewhere, or as in my case, I found them in the puzzle unintentionally.  What also threw in was in the second puzzle, the word Michigan was thrown in along with another word that wasn't used. 

I have to go write my theme now- "What I want for Christmas".  Merry Christmas to ALL!!!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Tam-i-am

So if you are not interested in the sexy single Danielle or Alissa, I am willing to substitute my famous brownie recipe for second prize.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Thank You Sponsors!