Deposit lt35 or wait a month lt40 wide

Started by Bruno of NH, April 02, 2019, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Just put a deposit on a new mill .
Lt40 35hd25 with debarker
That's if the financing go through .
I might have it before the project.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

Wow. That's great news.  Congratulations.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Bruno of NH

Thanks YH
I have a family member investing in helping me out till I get my health right. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

Awesome choice Bruno!!!  Whoo Hoo!!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jim_Rogers

you won't be sorry you got hydraulics
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

I placed my deposit with Marty Parson at the Pa branch

tacks Y

Sweet, You guys need to form a club. The NEW WM Club.

Magicman

Congratulations my friend.  This is going to be a vast improvement and should be a big help toward taking some of the load off of your knees.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PAmizerman

Awesome Bruno. Happy for you.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Oliver05262

Congratulations on the new mill, Bruno. 8) Even if it's not there for the project weekend, I will come over to see it as soon as it's there. Maybe even help you run it for a day. :)
Oliver
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

69bronco

Bruno of NH

I have never used set works
How does it work ?
I might need a class 

Southside

Did you get Simple Set or Accuset 2?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

I think it's simple set
I have only had simpleton set  :D

barbender

Simple Set is like it says, pretty simple😊 If it works like my old "Setworks" on my 97 Super (which I'm pretty sure it does) it measures down from the current saw setting. Mine has 4 presets. So say preset 1 is for 4/4. Your head is at 10", you hit preset 1, and then tap the lever to lower the head. The head will automatically drop down to 8 7/8" (because you preprogrammed your kerf😊). Saw through, raise the head to clear the cant and gig back. Now you just tap down again. It will automatically drop from 8 7/8" down another 1 1/8" to 6 3/4". It's handy, and saved me time in two ways. First, when you're making opening cuts, not having to do any math in your head to drop down and get a certain board thickness by simply pressing a button. Also, on my Super the head up/down is really fast. Too fast when you are trying to hit a target manually! With the setworks, while you're gigging back, as soon as you clear the cant you just tap the down control and the head drops to the next cut before you've even got the head stopped and ready to go forward. Whereas, doing it manually I land on the target about 1 time out of 10🙄 The shortcoming of the Setworks program was it doesn't measure relative to the bed, only to the head position where it was activated. So when sawing a cant to the bed, if you don't start at the right thickness, you end up with a thick or thin board on the bottom. I hope my complicated description of Simple Set didn't ruin it for anyone😁
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

I may stand corrected but I do not believe that SimpleSet allows for kerf.  SetWorks does.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Good for you, Bruno.  You will enjoy it. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

You will like it!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

crowhill

That's pretty awesome Bruno! 
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on April 03, 2019, 01:10:20 PM
I may stand corrected but I do not believe that SimpleSet allows for kerf.  SetWorks does.
MM:
I think you are correct.  At least that is what Dave in NH told me at Bruno's sawing party last year.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

trapper

Then can you program each width 1/8" more to get what you want?  Like 1&3/8 to get 5/4.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: trapper on April 03, 2019, 04:07:43 PM
Then can you program each width 1/8" more to get what you want?  Like 1&3/8 to get 5/4.
Simple set you hav to add an 1/8th to you measurement for Kerf.
6/4 equals 1 5/8" on the simple set system,
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Bruno of NH

So how do you know what size cant to make?

GAB

Quote from: Bruno of NH on April 03, 2019, 04:14:10 PM
So how do you know what size cant to make?
Keep a pad of paper, a pencil and a calculator handy.
I hope you are good at math.
You might want to make some cheat sheets and get them laminated for reference.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!