iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Indian Meal

Started by WV Sawmiller, June 09, 2016, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Boy howdy - we just finished a terrific Indian meal in Charlotte NC at a place called the Bombay Grill . Down to see our daughter and SIL and tried out a new (to us) Indian Restaurant here. We ordered a selection and we all shared all of it. Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Khorma, Dal (Spiced Lentils), and Chicken Biyriani rice. Naan and Garlic Naan on the side. Only problem was which was the best item. We were all stuffed when we finished and we left with a nice doggy bag left over for lunch tomorrow. Total bill before tip was about $65 which I thought was very reasonable for the meal we received. I will definitely be back there in the future.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

We have really enjoyed East Indian food although we are careful as some of it is too spicy for our tastes. I like trying cuisine from different countries, some dishes we won't go back to but most have been very good. Karen is not quite as adventurous.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pine

Sounds like you have found a great place to eat. 
Indian food is indeed very tasty and can only be beaten by some good Thai food. 

My two favorite foods. 
Like them so much I learned to cook both so we could eat them more often without having to go out and the expense involved with that.

sandhills

I have a Japanese uncle that can cook both Thai and Indian foods, as Raider Bill would say "DELISH", I've tried a few of his recipes but never seem to get it right.  My step daughter took us to one of those sushi bars where they cook the food in front of you and do a lot of entertainment along the way, the food was great and we've been back once, we will be back again.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: sawguy21 on June 10, 2016, 11:53:10 AM
We have really enjoyed East Indian food although we are careful as some of it is too spicy for our tastes. I like trying cuisine from different countries, some dishes we won't go back to but most have been very good. Karen is not quite as adventurous.

The waiter asked us how hot we wanted it and said had scale of 1-5 with 5 the hottest. We chose 2 and my wife still thought it was spicy. I thought it was perfect.

IMO Indian dishes should be eaten when you have a large group, order a large variety and try them all.

My favorite Indian place was in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. it was an outdoor restaurant named CafĂ© Student which my kids call "The cat Place" because there were always a bunch of kittens running around underfoot begging for food. You could not get over half way through a loaf of naan before they brought a fresh one and the steam would visibly come out when you tore it open. Another good one is in Dubai called Bombay Dining where I would always eat on my layovers between Afghanistan and home.

If the truth be told Indian restaurants are not the current craze in WV right now so I try to visit one every time we come to visit. If I were as close as Dave Poston is I'd be running up here at least once a month. Drop off a bench or outhouse and go eat a good Indian meal.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Czech_Made

WV, if you ever come to DC metro area, these people have buffet 7 days a week:

http://tasteofindianova.com/

I always try and taste everything  ;D

Magicman

I can't read dat menu.   :-X   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 13, 2016, 05:18:20 PM

Stick with the Crawfish and be happy.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 13, 2016, 06:55:07 PM
Quote from: Magicman on June 13, 2016, 05:18:20 PM

Stick with the Crawfish and be happy.  :)

MM,

That's why you go with a group, order a wide assortment and enjoy a little of each one.

Dave,

You live close enough to go up and enjoy this restaurant. You can be our food critic and go try them out and advise the members in more detail than I can. I suspect we will be there Saturday night again. You're welcome to join us.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!