iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOW FAR HAVE YOU DRIVEN TO SAW?

Started by Stump Jumper, November 11, 2006, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

What an interesting question.  We just went approx 2400 miles round trip and here are some pics to prove it. 
Camp

Shower Area

Getting logs out of Canyon

Furby sure does know how to pack a vehicle for maximum benefit.

Home and getting unpacked

Furby ready to leave

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Tom

That's a lo-n-n-ng way for one log.  :D

Now,  What's the rest of the story?  :P :D :D

Furby

Rest of the story ???
We drove almost 2400 miles to cut a log.
Why does there need to be more to the story?

Oh, ok! Ya pried it out of me.
I heard they have sheet on a stick there and had to have some! smiley_smug01
The log was just for fun! ;D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Furby

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Yup!
Jeff and I took a little road trip down there.
Good ole Haytrader hooked us up with a place to get some cedar from.
The big one on the mill is the one I've been calling "big ugly", but I got a real nice board sitting right here from it.
Mrs. Stump Jumper even claimed a big ole chunk of that log, for herself. ;D

Haytrader

So you boys made it back home, huh? Looks like you had a load too.
Did you drive through the other location and if so, how did it look to ya?
Haytrader

Furby

Yup, drove through!
Got some thoughts in my head alright.

The load was a bit heavier then planned. Put a little dent in the truck. ::) :-\
They don't make them like they used to!

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

I would like to Thank Haytrader and his wife for taking good care of the guys while they were down there.  THANK YOU!

This piece I spotted learning against my truck tire and I said OK that is my piece  not sure what I am going to do with it.  But I will put it to good use.

As far as the dent in my truck :o :o  :-[ it will be fixable it is on the rail of the truck bed by the cab they loaded the cedar on the truck rail and tailgate not realizing that the metal by the cab was not very sturdy.  It buckled under the weight.  I guess I can't hollar at them 2 to much because I got some nice red cedar to look at and to figure out a project for it.

Again I would like to THANK Haytrader and his wife for looking after those two.

Delcy
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Furby

Knew I shouldn't have left that piece leaning up against the wheel! :D
There is actually a story behind that piece. ;)
Jeff took off a slab from big ugly and then asked if the next one should be a thick one. I said sure! 8)
About 3/4 of the way down, he got hung up.
Backed the blade up and told me to cut it off.
I got the saw, and started cutting. Really hated to cut that nice board, but had to cut it. :'(
I pulled the board off and Jeff points out he just wanted me to take the knot off that hung him up. :o
Yeah, I can be a bit sloooow sometimes! ::)

I'm sure you'll figure out something to do with it Delcy.
I've got my eye on one piece for a coffee table. ;D

I also need to throw in my thanks to Haytrader and his wife for taking care of us.
Thanks folks!

Corley5

My mill's not portable in the least so we haven't traveled to saw but we did make a 3,300 mile round trip twice for tractors ;D.  Cool looking wood :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GF

Furby,
   What part of Okla where you in?

Furby

Northern half is all I can say in public. ;)
Thought about coming to see you as I'd have liked to see your mill and the LT40 Super side by side. ;D

Haytrader

Delcy,

They were real easy to take care of. They were road weary when they got here so some home cooked food, a hot shower and a bed were high priority.
We sure enjoyed havin the boys here for a short visit and wish the loader had not caused them an early departure. I have the hydraulic cylinder in for repairs by the way.
Furb, I talked to a guy who has land between here and Medicine Lodge and he says he has lots of cedar in the 2' and up range. He would like to talk to ya about a share deal. He has a dozer to pull em up out of the canyon.
Haytrader

Furby

Sure is temping, sure is temping!
I belive what Stump Jumper said on the way home was that a dozer would be the perfect tool. Isn't that what ya said Stump Jumper? ;)
How bad was that cylinder anyways?

Just to fill the rest of the folks in as to how road weary we were.....
We left about 8:15 pm on a Saturday night.
The plan was for me to drive through the night until morning and then Jeff would take over for an hour or two after he had some sleep.
Well Jeff found out just how hard it is to sleep in a moving vehicle. Not easy at all!
I pulled off and got about a 20 minute nap at one point and then we hit the road again.
We pulled in at Haytrader's at 4pm central time on Sunday.

Haytrader

Furb,

Don't know yet on the cylinder as it is not repaired yet. It was leaking before you guys got here anyhow.
I should look up Cedarman as we are haulin a lot of hay close to Stillwater.
Haytrader

Furby

If ya can't find him, Aaron is out there someplace. ;D

Haytrader

Don't know what he has in mind but I can assure you he has plenty of trees of all sizes. His dad and uncle used to run an old circle mill cuttin cedar 40 yrs. ago. They didn't get them all....... ;)
Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!