iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to store my tools in the transporter?

Started by Thilo, August 10, 2017, 04:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thilo

Hello everyone.  ;D I am new here and hope that I am in the right area. I would like to know how you store your tools in your vehicles. I have a Peugeot Expert and I am currently thinking about how to secure my tools safely in the load room. They are loosely in the hold. I have already searched something on the Internet and found shelves that you can install: http://www.sortimo.ie/vehicle-solutions/van-racking-solutions/sortimo-hd/ Has anyone of you such shelves? What´s your experience? Or do you know other possibilities? Thanks for your opinions.  ???

moosehunter

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Thilo! I use a pick up truck with a utility box, a lot of storage and an open bed for larger stuff. Sorry no experience with shelves in a van.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

florida

Thilo,

Dublin is a fun place but I didn't know there was a forestry industry around there. Saw some trees being cut on the Beara Penisula once though.

Anyway, I'm a general contractor so tool storage is critical. I tried the van racking system in my last van but found it just didn't work well. I prefer to build my own shelves or buy generic heavy duty shelves from big box stores and adapt them with bins.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thilo

Thanks for your answers. I will try to do it like florida. We will see how that works.

Thank You Sponsors!