iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You Know Your A Logger

Started by Autocar, May 12, 2012, 10:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

you know your a logger when someone ask you "how was it in the woods today" and you say that as far as you can remember you never had a bad day in the woods?

Quebecnewf

you know your a logger when you are 60 klm in the back country over steep terrain and across many lakes on your snowmobile and your looking at a large spruce that wil require 2 round trips to haul home to the mill. The most you can get money wise from the sale of the large spruce is 100.00 and 2 round trips on your skidoo is going to cost you 110.00 in gas at least . So you decide to cut it down and haul it home anyway. True story

sandhills

Quote from: treefarmer87 on May 17, 2012, 07:59:03 PM
you know your a logger when you run over your saw today >:( :'(
Dare we ask?  :-\

Norm

I did one with less than 3 tanks full with a D6, pressed it so hard into the dirt I had to get a shovel for removal.

treefarmer87

It fell of the skidder when i went over a log i didnt know it came off until it was too late. its fixable just a tank and a handle
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

smwwoody

I have lots of 046 parts we can fix you right up
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

thats good i missed it today
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

colinofthewoods

You know you are a logger when the wood on your porch is chewed up from wearing your caulks all the time.

snowstorm

Quote from: Ed_K on May 14, 2012, 07:56:23 PM
Well cat-deere and ponsee wouldn't even talk oliver stores laugh. I'm looking for an old forwarder that I can work on and move 16' logs.I can't afford this new fangled equip.
there is a cheap fowarder on uncle henrys. iron mule 22k. i dont know a thing about it just saw it on there. pic looks good

Autocar

I ran the lead this morning that I remarked about in the start of this post. there were some dandy white oak veneer and saw logs but the walnut was around 14/16 inch and just felt it was to small to harvest. A very nice woodlot with 6/10 inch red white oaks and walnuts certainly a woods for future generations. I offered three hundred a tree some worth a little more and some less but felt it was a fair bid.
Bill

Tramp Bushler

Quote from: colinofthewoods on May 20, 2012, 04:24:52 PM
You know you are a logger when the wood on your porch is chewed up from wearing your caulks all the time.

I can relate to that very much .  :D
If your not wearing your hard hat when you need it. Well.

trooperTdiesel

ive got a knock off of the farmer bumper sticker.

hug a logger, and you'll never go back to trees....
many Garrett 15s
have a 128 5'x10'x30' MD mill.
as well as worked at Mobile MFG CO in troutdale, OR for the last 1.5 years before doors closed.
you say David Wallace to Ron H, he will know me....lol
2 JD 440 loaders, B7100 tractor, 3 350 J\D dozers 
and many fords and isuzus

Thank You Sponsors!