iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Countdown has began to Pigroast 2007!

Started by Jeff, November 01, 2006, 10:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have started our countdown again to the next annual pigroast. This year the first Saturday in August is on the 4th! Start making your plans now!   

Remember, you can always see the date and the number of days in the left hand column under our sponsors. :)  We will see you there!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

isawlogs

Well if all goes as planned , I will be .....  signing in from the artic . Plan " A "  is leave here last week of June and come back last week of August . Plan " B " is same as plan "A"  :D
  The dozer has safely arrived in Resolute in the begining of September , its now awaiting the ice to build up for the crossing in March .

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

Dozer?   Ice?    crossing?   You're going to drive a dozer over a frozen something?   what is going to be under it?

Do I have to suggest to you that you wear a helium balloon?

isawlogs

Git  your atlas out ... find Cornwallis Island  there you will find Resolute South of the Island is Barrow Strait , 50 miles south,south east is Gifford Point . Dads where I will be .  ;)
  I am prety sure we talked about this last summer while you where wearing the runners on the rocker .  ;D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Tom .. yes , and the frozen thing is the Strait ...  ;)

Marcel

Paul_H

It's cold up there,forget your strait Jacket :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Furby

Yeah, we talked about it at the roast.......... most of us just figured you was crazy. :)

Can I come with?

beenthere

QuoteCan I come with?
Who ???
Who you comin with Furby ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

what's it going to cost you to freeze your tookus off?

Furby.......  you don't have enough tookus even if you had enough money.  :D :D

asy

Furby and asy as BACKUP drivers!!!

HOORAY FOR MARCEL!!!

asy :D

PS: I'm bringing my cameras.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

isawlogs

Quote from: asy on November 02, 2006, 12:10:52 AM
Furby and asy as BACKUP drivers!!!

HOORAY FOR MARCEL!!!

PS: I'm bringing my cameras.
Furby and Asy as backup drivers ...  I need to rethink plan " B "    :P

Marcel

asy

OK Marcel, what are you insinuating???

Don't you WANT us?

don't you LIKE us?

AREN'T WE GOOD ENOUGH?????

asy :( :D

Don K

What's the Polar Dozer going to be doing for those of us who couldn't make the Pigroast? If you don't mind me asking? I like anything pertaining to bulldozers. I used to watch my granddaddy on his anytime I got a chance. One is on my list of things to buy.

Yours sounds like an adventure in the making.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

asy

I'm planning an Antipodean Piggy Roast, maybe Marcel's planning an Arctic Piggy Roast.

Marcel, maybe it'll be a SEAL ROAST???

Captain

2 feet of ice will hold just about anything....

Captain

Tom

I would keep worrying about the "almost".  How many miles is it to the bottom?

Marcel,  I been thinking 'bout Furby.  If you were to fatten that squirrelly little rascal up a little bit, He would come in real handy when you needed some steady pulling done.  Feed him some grits and he'll be in shape for the top of the world in no time at all.  :)

sparks

I plan on not missing this one. Had a conflict this year but will be there in "07".
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Raphael

SWMBO and I stand a good chance of making to this one as well.  With her new promotion comes an extra week of vacation time.  :)
  Since the house "should be done", we can make our usual trip to Iowa and Minnesota then cross through the land of the Yoopers.  8)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

isawlogs

Don , Once the dozer is on Sommerset Island , that should be in the middle of march ( if there is enough ice to cross ) there will be an air strip to build next summer .
There needs to be at least three feet of ice .. Having gone through the ice once .. Well I actually went through twice ..  ::) I now have a little trouble with  * should about hold anything * ... or .. yep its good  ::)    :o 
  Asy .. what is an " Antipodean  "    ???     A seal roast  can be arranged
Tom ,
  I think one would need a lot more then grits , he be a little bit on the small size .  How much you figure he can pull  ???
How many miles to the bottom .. Dont rightly now .. and between you and me .. I dont really care to find out .  ;)

Marcel

Tom

There was a time when it was sufficient for a man to "pull his weight".  In this case I think the boy needs to double up on the grits rations and throw in a hand of bananas, four pork chops, 2 sirloins, a bag of fried pork skins, a half gallon of buttermilk, a bowl of greens, some ice cream and a slice or two of pound cake.  You got to get him over that 75 pound mark before he gets off of the plane or the wind will blow him across the ice and he won't be any good to you at all. :P :D

Furby

It's my understanding that the water really isn't all that deep.

Marcel, I'm betting I could outlast you! ;)

Tom, I'm coming to visit! As long as you leave out the grits! ;)

Part_Timer

Furby

Taylor wants to know if your up to super soakers at 10 paces. :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

smiley_big-grin2
Make it 15....... I'm a crack shot! ;)

isawlogs

Outlast me ...  I know that .. you beeing smaller and lighter then me , ya can probably run faster then me so those white bears would more then likely get me .. so ya , you would outlast me .   :-[  :-\

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!