iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawdust/chips in your boot tops

Started by Brad_bb, June 12, 2019, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom King

Quote from: Brad_bb on June 25, 2019, 08:04:37 PM
@Tom King
thanks for the link. I hadn't had time to try to make something so I just ordered a pair of those.  I'll let everyone know how they worked out after I get them.  They look like they are just spandex tube.  I don't have any spandex or I could sew them.  On the other hand you need to stretch the spandex as you sew a zig zag stitch, and I can't do that very well.  So better to buy and try.
I have an older version by OR.  I walk with my feet passing close by each other, and even when hiking with hiking boots, I throw stuff in my own shoes.  Mine have a hook in the front that grabs shoe laces.  I couldn't tell by the picture if this model does, but I would guess that they do.  They're not waterproof, but made to breathe, and a lot tougher material than Spandex, but you don't know they're there soon after starting to wear them.  They work like they should.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Downstream

My solution to summer work pants is to head to the local goodwill store and I buy 4 or 5 pairs of light khaki pants that I used to wear to work.  Usually only pay $2-3/pair for them.  Not as hot as blue jeans but still gives me leg coverage.  They get stained/used quickly but last all summer for almost no cost.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Brad_bb

Only my wool type socks are stretchy enough to pull them over the boot, and saw dust sticks to them like velcro!  So I can't do that.  My white gym socks aren't stretchy enough.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

YellowHammer

Time to get a bag of new socks :D :D from the local Wal Mart. :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

doc henderson

maybe some leggins like flash dance!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Leg warmers Doc, leg warmers - big difference - Huge!!   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

@Southside  then at the end of a day of cutting, you could pull a rope and a bunch of water could fall on your head and cool you off.   :D  I think this should be the toast at this years pig roast. "here's to wood chips in your boots!!!  8)  sorry I forgot the lol or smile emogi on the last post.  lol
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Brad_bb

Doc, you're a maniac (I sure know).
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Southside

So Doc does the nurse have a picture of you "shaking your bootie"?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Well,I guess that foot post is not that bad after all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: thecfarm on June 27, 2019, 04:18:49 PM
Well,I guess that foot post is not that bad after all.
Yeah, and if it keeps heading in the same direction, the groin injury thread would be an improvement too. ;D ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Peter Drouin

I'm not looking at the foot thing. no way. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!