iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tools that scare you

Started by DR Buck, September 17, 2017, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

Speaking of jacks, the good old h-press can be pretty dangerous if you're not careful.  Some of us have a tendency to stack up a few pieces of steel to get the job done.  Not supposed to do that, but . . . 

Stay out of the line of fire.
HM126

sawguy21

I am overly careful with a hi lift jack to0 after the handle gave me a nasty shot in the arm. That some hurt. :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Any mention of the word "ladder" should be completely banned in this topic!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

I hope I never have one of my big jacks kick out...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

those farm jacks where made into skidder chain tighteners also and them darn things the handle would smack you in the jaw bone if you wasn't careful trust me there is one laying in the bottom of a guys pond good place for it after that I went to the screw type

sandhills

Speaking of jacks I bought one on an auction last spring, I wasn't bidding on the jack but it got thrown in the lot to get rid of it.  It's not a handy man jack, more like an old JD lever jack on steroids, my buddy called it a timber jack and said they used them to lift his house when he put a new basement under it.  Any way it's rusted up but won't take much to get it apart and cleaned up this winter when I want something to tinker with, not sure I'll use it though  ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!