iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dodged the bullet

Started by Texas Ranger, September 13, 2007, 09:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Hurricane Humberto came ashore in nearly the same place as Rita, but went east, instead of north.  We never got a shower out of it, the outer bands passed some 45 miles south east of us, I think I found the amount to pay the preacher.  At 8 last night it was a dead shot to hit us.

But you boys and girls in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabam need to get out the hip waders.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

We're told it might get real wet here because of it though. :P

DanG

They(whoever "they" are ??? ) say we're supposed to get a good soaking.  I figger it will be a pretty weekend. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

PineNut

Looks like we are on the tail end of it here in SW MS. So far we have had about an inch of rain.

metalspinner

I hope it makes it up this far. :-\
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Woodwalker

Could have told you something was going to happen this week. First time in years, I started pulling duty last Tuesday.  Wednesday we get a hurricane.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

limbrat

We got a good heavy rain up here. Enuff to fill the ditches but no flooding that i know of. I was in Jennings La. this morning (just east of Lake Charles) They got PLENTY of rain with a few roads flooded but the power was still on when i left at 10:30.
ben

Tom

If we had had (double word sentence) as much rain tonight as we had lightening, we would need an Ark.

The power went out at 9pm and we just got it back at 12 midnight.  About 950 customers affected on this leg, they said.  There's one thing for sure, it sure is dark in the swamp with no electricity and lots of heavy clouds.  Once the lightening left, you couldn't see a thing.

Thank You Sponsors!