iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blood Suckers

Started by Tombstone, May 14, 2008, 03:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombstone

okay so it is yet again BLACK FLY SEASON up here in the granite state.........AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :otell me how you deal with blood sucking flying critters in your neck of the woods!!!
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Radar67

I have a mosquito head net when the gnats/black flies are out in abundance. Spray it down good with OFF and put it over my hat. They usually don't bother my arms.

I'm hoping my order of chickens will help solve some of the issues, if not, I have an organic control catalog that may see some of my business.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tombstone

I think that the net is a good idea, I am still searching for a good spray, alot of the stuff I have tried just seems to attract them!!
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Radar67

As for repellants, the original OFF or the Wal-Mart brand Sportsman? It's in the camping section.

I'm still researching sprays and such for getting rid of them.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

limbrat

I like off active when i go somewere it smells like citrus and dont sweat off to quickly. If im just out in the yard i have a bed of catnip near the back door just break some off rub it between your hands and rub your hands on your arms and neck and ears and such. When there biteing through your clothes i use the off cause its easier to put on your clothes.

Catnip keeps them from landing for hours.
ben

Tombstone

How do you keep the cats away then??? Just kidding, I have never heard of that, I will try it out!

Thank You Sponsors!