iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Front end loader question

Started by brdmkr, March 31, 2006, 11:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I MAY have found a front end loader for my tractor, but I am not sure what will be involved to make it fit.  The FEL came off of a Ford 800 (about a 45hp) and I have a Ford 4600 SU (about 60 hp; I am told that the SU has a 3600 fron end).  Does anyone have any idea if the FEL would work on my tractor?  Would very much modification be required?

Thanks.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

DanG

Basically, if it'll fit, it'll work.  You're just gonna have to take a bunch of measurements to see if it will clear everything and if the attachment points will come close to matching.  You can do a bit of fitting by having adaptor plates made, etc, but it won't do you much good if it won't reach the ground, or clear the hood, and such.  If you can get the make and model of the loader, the mfg should be able to tell you if it will fit.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

A Ford Tractor dealer should be able to tell you how much work it would be.

milking and logging and sawing and milking

mike_van

You could try the forum yesterdays tractors too - Someone over there may have done it,  http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/boards.cgi    I had a carb. problem with my 574 last year, was ready to buy a new one  [about 250.00]   A guy over there had the answer -  8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

brdmkr

I should have thought about YTmag!  I am just too used to coming here first ;D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!