iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jackson timber harvestor

Started by bandmiller2, January 21, 2008, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

A number of years ago I was just north of Skowhgan Maine watched an old feller mill with a Jackson T.H.where the sawyer road on the carrage.It had a manila rope drive he put a little drain oil on the drum every so often to smooth the feed.I have never seen anouther one, suppose A good mill for A traveling man.He probibly covered 50 miles a day.He would reach down to dog the log.Powered with a 471 green screamer flat belt drive with auto tire and rim for pulley.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

What I ment to ask is have any of you used one and how common are they.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ron Wenrich

I've run Jackson Lumber Harvester, but they were all automatic mills.  I liked them pretty much.  Very easy to repair, and you can get the parts local.

They're still made in Wisconsin.  They have moved on from the manual mill.

http://www.jacksonlbrharvester.com/index.html
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Timberevolution

We've got one we're putting back together here in Oregon, automatic though. Pretty straightforward design. Ours has a trailer package, so is technically portable, but I'm not sure I'd be very excited about moving it on a regular basis. Most people we talk to out here have never heard of them, but I think if you get back closer to Wisconsin they get a bit more common.

L

Ron Wenrich

We had one of those "portable" mills.  Ours was stationary.  When you learn how to work their downturns, they were pretty slick. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!