iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

playing sawyer

Started by thedeeredude, January 31, 2008, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

I got to run my buddy's woodmizer today.  Its a 25th anniversary lt40 hydraulic.  Now I'm hooked :)  First I edged boards and then I got to cut a pin oak apart and edge the boards.  Its pretty dang straightforward.  I was surprised.

zopi

it's like opening christmas presents isn't it?

every board is different.

every log is unique...especially the first one you forget to put the backstops up on and roll off of the mill... ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Radar67

So who ended up the the 25th Anniversary LT40? There is only one. Last we heard, the winner was selling it.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

pineywoods

Quote from: zopi on January 31, 2008, 07:56:00 PM

every log is unique...especially the first one you forget to put the backstops up on and roll off of the mill... ;D

Heyzopi, that's embarasing, but it ain't too bad on an lt15. but now on a 40 with the trailer package, it does get nasty, especially when you don't have some kind of loader. Not saying how I know. ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

zopi

I haven't dropped one yet..but that is because I'm pretty quick (and lucky) with a cant hook...it was going to go but i got the hook between the rail and the log in time...

Nobody but the my log dog (Chief) saw it..and he isn't talking because I didn't kill him for getting into the chickens... :-X

i'm thinking rolling one off the back of a 40 would bite...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thedeeredude

Its not the famed anniversary model, its just a 25th anniversary edition.  I almost hit the dogs once, it was a narrow miss.  And when I was edging I forgot to clamp the board.  And I stalled it once.  Its all part of learning :D  I aint so bad if I say so myself ;D

ARKANSAWYER

If it was hard Bibbyman couldn't do it.    :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

If you roll one about 15 dib off the back of a LT40 you may have to jack it up and take the wheel off to get the log out.  (I have just heard this told)
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Our LT40HDE25-RA Super is a 2002 20'th Anniversary edition

Here's a picture of it when it was new.

Here's what it looked like last year with 2500 hours on it.

I had fun on it this after noon and sawed out about 800 bf of 3x4 blocking.  8)

I had so much fun I had to come in and take a nap and then go back out and work some more.  smiley_sleeping
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!