iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered 2188 or Husqvarna 390

Started by Brad81, June 25, 2015, 09:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad81

I'm looking to buy a new saw for working out in the bush I don't like stihls so that's not an option I've run Husqvarna and jonsered many many times over the years and have always been pleased with them
it's my understanding that the 2188 and the 390 are pretty much the exact same saw mechanically so I just figured I'd ask for your opinions on the subject

SawTroll

You should consider if the different handlebar angles matters to you - and if the availiabilty of a HD air filter setup matters.
Information collector.

sawguy21

Your closest Jonsered dealer is in Kamloops, not very helpful if you need same day service. While a good product, support is wanting in western Canada. Husqvarna is strong in your area.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brad81

Williams lake an an hr closer then Kamloops that's where I bought my 2166 but you make a very good Point

celliott

Do you like orange or red better?
Handlebar angle is something to consider, not a huge deal IMO, sounds like the "local" dealer might be the deciding factor for you though.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Brad81

I've got a Jonsered 2166 now and I love that saw so I'm kinda leaning towards it's big brother the 2188 but sawguy does make a good point about the local dealer cuz the local husqvarna dealer ship is just down the road

Thank You Sponsors!