The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

KNOW WHAT?
Between February 12, 2018 and June 18, 2018, this space displayed 13 Million, 871 Thousand and 87 times.

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: ETOH Start Problems HomeLite 26b Blower (SOLVED)  (Read 909 times)

Offline zandoval

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
ETOH Start Problems HomeLite 26b Blower (SOLVED)
« on: July 05, 2015, 04:58:42 PM »
My neighbor gave me his old HomeLite 26b leaf blower because it was having such a hard time starting and then keeping running during use. I took it in with thanks and have kept it running (barely) over the past few years but this year no luck. So I took it apart and cleaned the carb and then checked the magneto and replaced the plug. Also did the flush and dry out trick as a final step. Still it would not start. After judiciously reading the posts on this forum about ETOH and carb settings I was brave enough to go for those H & L screws. Of course had to cut a grove in them with a hack saw blade and hen turned them clock wise till closed then back out about two turns then WOW... A POP...

After a few more adjustments all is OK now and looking closely I can see I now have the L screw turned only about 1/2 turn richer than before...

I remember as a kid working with my little .049 model airplane engines this old guy (probably my age) showing us that with old small engines adjustments could be just a hair of a turn before ya get it right then... POP...

THANKS
No matter where you're at... There you are...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Think its time to start the blower.

Started by woodhaven on Sawmills and Milling

7 Replies
Last post August 17, 2003, 06:38:45 PM
by Jeff
xx
Mill Won't Start- Solved!

Started by davemartin88 on Sawmills and Milling

3 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 10:03:41 PM
by pnyberg